Rear Wheel Well Liners

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rlaf75

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm sure this topic has been beat to death but if you're spending $50 or $60k or whatever on a truck the liners should already be in place especially the history of the beds rotting out, just my opinion but whatever.

With that said, I bought the mopar liners from my dealer because they gave me a "new vehicle discount" on parts and accessories. I went and picked them up and my first thought was, holy crap! they are as thin as toilet paper lol. Anyway I got around to installing them this morning and they look like they'll do the job of protecting the inner well and bad. I will say that the no instructions thing sucks but thankfully there are several YouTube videos showing how to do it so I'm not going into details. All in all the job took me about 2 hours on my hands and knees because I have a bad back. I bought the truck 4 days ago and I didn't want to wait to use the lift at work because I hated seeing the bare wheel wells. Anyways, I think the liners are a must especially if you live in the northern states and besides that, they look way better with the liners. Whether you by the mopar brand or aftermarket brands I highly recommend installing them if they aren't there already

PoMansRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
They do make the wheel wells look more finished.

The one nice thing about not having them is you can clean and spray out all the nooks and crannies easier without them and you can keep an eye out for corrosion.

On my 4th gen Ram 1500s, I remove them to spray fluid film all up in there. You can't access the areas that rust with the wheel well liners in place. You wouldn't believe the junk that still gets blown up in there and you can't see it because the liners are in place. This is only a problem for rust belt climates of course.

14 Lonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I'm sure this topic has been beat to death but if you're spending $50 or $60k or whatever on a truck the liners should already be in place especially the history of the beds rotting out, just my opinion but whatever.

With that said, I bought the mopar liners from my dealer because they gave me a "new vehicle discount" on parts and accessories. I went and picked them up and my first thought was, holy crap! they are as thin as toilet paper lol. Anyway I got around to installing them this morning and they look like they'll do the job of protecting the inner well and bad. I will say that the no instructions thing sucks but thankfully there are several YouTube videos showing how to do it so I'm not going into details. All in all the job took me about 2 hours on my hands and knees because I have a bad back. I bought the truck 4 days ago and I didn't want to wait to use the lift at work because I hated seeing the bare wheel wells. Anyways, I think the liners are a must especially if you live in the northern states and besides that, they look way better with the liners. Whether you by the mopar brand or aftermarket brands I highly recommend installing them if they aren't there already
Did you remove the support portion from the rear part of the half liner and use it with the full liner?

OP
OP
Rlaf75

Rlaf75

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Did you remove the support portion from the rear part of the half liner and use it with the full liner?
The rear liner has another piece that is plastic welded to it. Per the youtube videos I watched before I tackled the job I did removed that additional plastic welded piece and I did use the real liner to sandwich the new full liner in place. The full liner has larger holes in it so you do need to use the rear liner for the clips to be screwed into.

I will say though, I did because all the YouTube videos said to but i dont really see the need to remove the plastic welded piece that's attached to the rear liner.

14 Lonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
The rear liner has another piece that is plastic welded to it. Per the youtube videos I watched before I tackled the job I did removed that additional plastic welded piece and I did use the real liner to sandwich the new full liner in place. The full liner has larger holes in it so you do need to use the rear liner for the clips to be screwed into.

I will say though, I did because all the YouTube videos said to but i dont really see the need to remove the plastic welded piece that's attached to the rear liner.
The instructions that I had did not mention to remove and reuse the support portion. After I installed the drivers side I noticed how flimsy it was and that is when I realized that I need that piece. So I had to remove the liner and start all over again, I did not even think about checking for video's online but I got it all figured out and installed my mud flaps as well.

OP
OP
Rlaf75

Rlaf75

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The instructions that I had did not mention to remove and reuse the support portion. After I installed the drivers side I noticed how flimsy it was and that is when I realized that I need that piece. So I had to remove the liner and start all over again, I did not even think about checking for video's online but I got it all figured out and installed my mud flaps as well.
I bought the mopar liners from the dealer and they didn't have instructions. I looked online and all the videos I saw they removed the plastic welded piece from the rear liner but thay reused the rear liner itself. I'm waiting for the mud flap to be delivered of I would've put them on while I was there. I just didnt want to wait to put the liners on

14 Lonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Mine were Mopar also, with instructions. What kind of mud flaps did you get?