REAR WINDOW FRAME CRACKED

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

M59VOQ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
@RamCares should be able to help you get this known rest window issue covered, especially if you're just barely past your warranty. (They won't cover damaged/wet headliner etc)
Appreciate that. I reached out to corporate and I'm waiting for a response, but I'll DM @RamCares to see if they can help.

Attached pic shows the cracks causing the leaks. Also attaching the STAR case on this exact issue. Don't recall if someone already posted it.

Attachments

• 2023-02-19 13.40.54.jpg
    2023-02-19 13.40.54.jpg
    121 KB · Views: 26
  • STAR Case S2023000024.pdf
    305.2 KB · Views: 5

RamCares

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
Appreciate that. I reached out to corporate and I'm waiting for a response, but I'll DM @RamCares to see if they can help.

Attached pic shows the cracks causing the leaks. Also attaching the STAR case on this exact issue. Don't recall if someone already posted it.
We received your DM and are looking forward to assisting you there!

Callie
Ram Cares

Skyehunter

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My turn I guess...Read through most of this thread, Just picked up a new to me 2020 RAM Rebel 2 weeks ago. I am second owner (Know the Original), 28K miles manufactured on 11/2019. I noticed water getting in the rear window up high after last nights rains. Google led me here... I will check 3rd light screws and Starline areas for cracks tonight. How do I best proceed to get fixed. Called dealer (Phoenix - AZ area) ...said they would call back....hmmm, Message to @RamCares and @SixAddict (Since ur from AZ too)...guidance please thank you.

brian42

Military
Reaction score
Take pictures of the issue. Make an appointment for service (you don't pay unless they take the truck in) and show the Service Advisor the issue in the truck and show them your pictures. You are under 36K and just over 3 years so there's some discussion to be had. Even more ammunition if the PO had it seen for the same/similar issue before the basic expired.

I've only heard of two cases that had any assistance outside the 3/36 - one split the cost (50/50) with the person and the other one had the dealership pick up the tab. Everyone else paid out of pocket.

The answer is always 'no' unless you ask.

RamCares

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
My turn I guess...Read through most of this thread, Just picked up a new to me 2020 RAM Rebel 2 weeks ago. I am second owner (Know the Original), 28K miles manufactured on 11/2019. I noticed water getting in the rear window up high after last nights rains. Google led me here... I will check 3rd light screws and Starline areas for cracks tonight. How do I best proceed to get fixed. Called dealer (Phoenix - AZ area) ...said they would call back....hmmm, Message to @RamCares and @SixAddict (Since ur from AZ too)...guidance please thank you.
Hey @Skyehunter ,

We'd be happy to look into this for you. Can you please send us a direct message so that we can dig into this with you?

Callie
Ram Cares

Adjm13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My turn is seems…Just picked up a 2019 1500 with 63k on it, second owner. Noticed the water and found the cracks during a rainstorm the yesterday. Messaged @RamCares so we’ll see what happens.

RamCares

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
Hey there!

We've received your DM and look forward to assisting you there!

Callie
Ram Cares

JMB0319

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Well it’s happened to me,
2019 1500 59,000 miles, second owner. Went to the car wash and when I got home to get my son out of the back seat his back was soaking wet. Looked up and saw the all mighty crack. Any help @RamCares would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_7402.jpeg
    IMG_7402.jpeg
    179.7 KB · Views: 8

brian42

Military
Reaction score
The only fix is to replace the rear window.

Unfortunately at 4+ years and 59K miles you won't find any financial relief or assistance in the repair cost. Nothing covers glass outside of the basic warranty (since the whole window has to replaced it is considered "glass replacement").

Some have put rtv on top of the window frame (removing the 3rd brake light and going in that way) with some success at keeping the water out but the only true fix is to replace the whole window since the frame and window are one piece/assembly.