Rearend movement on/off gas

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lifted2wd

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Getting a weird side to side movement when accelerating and then letting off the gas.

On acceleration it feels like I'm shifting to the passenger side, then corrects its self when I'm off the gas.

I checked the links in the rear nothing broken. Next is going to be replacing the rear control arms so that I have all new bushings.

200k miles 4" front lift, 1.5" rear spacers
37x12.50 tires

Any thoughts?

MAC830203

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 408
That’s scary. If you lift you gotta use Teflon Bushings. Everything bigger gets exaggerated. Ram1500 is spot on.

Quick_Shifter

IG: @ak_trucks_pa
Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
Getting a weird side to side movement when accelerating and then letting off the gas.

On acceleration it feels like I'm shifting to the passenger side, then corrects its self when I'm off the gas.

I checked the links in the rear nothing broken. Next is going to be replacing the rear control arms so that I have all new bushings.

200k miles 4" front lift, 1.5" rear spacers
37x12.50 tires

Any thoughts?
@Nick@GotExhaust can set you up with a set or rear control arms.

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I agree, sounds like rear control arms are shot. I would upgrade to something stronger especially if you off road. Core 4x4 is the answer. Let us know if you would like a quote. just send me a message if interested.

Brian2081

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You might want to check panhard bar and its attaching points, since that is what controls side to side movement / keeps the axle centered.