REBEL 2019 Trailer Wiring Issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dell Curtis

LOVE TO BE A REBEL
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7-Liter V8 HEMI® MDS VVT Engine
Trailer Wire hot lead not working. I connected a bed light using the red constant in the 7 pin tow/wiring harness. All went well. Today I installed and updated switch to the wiring and now it is not working. I am not getting juice to the wire harness at all. Tested the wires and no juice. Did I blow a fuse? What number fuse did I blow? Micro or Cartridge?

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Trailer Wire hot lead not working. I connected a bed light using the red constant in the 7 pin tow/wiring harness. All went well. Today I installed and updated switch to the wiring and now it is not working. I am not getting juice to the wire harness at all. Tested the wires and no juice. Did I blow a fuse? What number fuse did I blow? Micro or Cartridge?

Check 20 amp F12 in fuse box. The other day, I connected my trailer to go get hay and all I had was brake/turn. Well, after checking all, checked fuse, changed fuse from emergency supply and wala. It is a small blue cartridge. They are like $7.00 a piece at dealership. Buy U a couple as U just can't go into Walmart and buy. These things are specific. I did order an emergency set of fuses that fit our particular fuse box off of Amazon, that I carry. The above describes the problem I had: This fuse is for running lights. Turn signal.brake are separate fuses for left side/right side trailer pigtails, just saying...

ADDED: Big hint here: These things got a bad habit of blowing if U plug into 7 pin/4 pin when truck is running. Insure you turn off truck and ignition before U plug in harness, ASK me how I know, LOL

Capture.JPG

OP
OP
Dell Curtis

Dell Curtis

LOVE TO BE A REBEL
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7-Liter V8 HEMI® MDS VVT Engine
Man!!! You are awesome. I was at my limit trying to find the right fuse. I supposed as much that that was the fuse issue. Lets hope Auto Zone has it.
Thank you.