REBEL, air ride suspension, REAR shocks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Intense-Dakota

Landscape and Nature Photographer
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a 2017 Rebel with air ride. I started noticing some softness in the rear end, especially after driving down some rough road for a while. There are a lot of times where expansion joints and large cracks in the road (I'm in Illinois, so all roads are crap) will cause the back end to jump to the right. Anyway I dropped the rear axle today ànd disconnected both rear shocks. The driver's side was pretty weak. I could pretty easily compress with much effort. The passenger side was WAY harder to compress. To the point where I contemplated getting the ratchet straps out to recompress and bolt back up.

So, I started looking for replacement shocks and I cannot find anything except the $230 Bilstein OEM Mopar shocks. Has anyone tried any other shocks, or does anyone know if anyone makes rear shocks for the air ride equiped rebels?

Please don't just suggest to replace the air ride. I like it and it works perfectly. I just want to replace the shocks since I have 62K+ miles and the roads near me are horrible.

michael harpe

U.S. Army 2001-2014
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 hemi
I dont have a knowledgeable solution, but in jest and humor I ask you... "softness in the rear end" you say... "cracks in the road"... are talking about a truck or a woman...[emoji23][emoji23]

In all seriousness, I dont know if they are the same ones or not, but I have a set of stock yellow and blue bilstiens off my 18 power wagon that have only 3000 miles on them before I put my lift kit on if your interested. I had posted it in classifieds and cant seem to find it. I found the other stuff I posted though.. so idk

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

Got 1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7l v8
Unfortunately I've noticed the same issue when I was stock and after I lifted it at 19k miles. Right now I have the Fox 2.0 shocks and I can say it does the same. I'll probably try to replace the track bar bushings with the poly ones.