Rebel air suspension

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CanRebel

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
E rated tires on a rebel from the factory?? Ram dosnt even put e rated tires on the power wagon….

Yes Rebel has E rated 18inch from factory. I'm not sure about other 1500, but @crash68 mentioned above, others do.
Not sure what year they started that, but 2021 and 2022 has them. Guess since 2019?

As for PW. well it's special truck. Not 100% sure, but last I checked all other 2500 were 18-20 and E rated. The PW was 17 with D

When I was looking for truck to Off-road and do some towing. My Rebel (just going by Ram site for numbers) had higher Max Towing and higher Payload than PW.
Example base with out adding anything. PW 10590, 1630. Rebel 11280, 1870 (both numbers drop as you add different options)

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yes Rebel has E rated 18inch from factory. I'm not sure about other 1500, but @crash68 mentioned above, others do.
Not sure what year they started that, but 2021 and 2022 has them. Guess since 2019?

As for PW. well it's special truck. Not 100% sure, but last I checked all other 2500 were 18-20 and E rated. The PW was 17 with D

When I was looking for truck to Off-road and do some towing. My Rebel (just going by Ram site for numbers) had higher Max Towing and higher Payload than PW.
Example base with out adding anything. PW 10590, 1630. Rebel 11280, 1870 (both numbers drop as you add different options)
Yes, pw has d rated duratracs.

And yes, my big horn 1500 has more payload than my power wagon.

That being said, the power wagon will tow much more much better.

Crawgator59

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
If I had to do over again I would not get air suspension. 2017 Rebel. Last December my suspension bottomed out and I got a “service suspension” message. It was repaired at dealership under warranty. Sensor was bad. Fast forward to this past Monday (yesterday). Im going to my camp in southeast La. and I could tell something wasnt right with the suspension, bouncy. No load or pulling boat. Around 155 miles on way. About 20 miles from home and get the service suspension message and warranty has exlired.

miketx

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

'16 Rebel has 17" E rated tires. I've got another ~10k miles on the latest tires, but I'd really like to go down to D, at least. E tires are nice for towing, but they are really overkill on the Rebel, and as previously mentioned, a very stiff ride in town.

bevans89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I was not a fan of the air ride, ride quality and ended up doing a complete swap due to the nightmare stories I have heard of them failing.

Crawgator59

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2017 Ram Rebel. POS air suspension went out a year ago and was fixed under warranty. POS air suspension went out again today while pulling a 24’ bay boat 150 miles from home. This does not have anything to do cold weather. Of course it’s 3 months out of warranty. Will be getting rid of air suspension and replacing with regular suspension. Anyone have any advice on new suspension?

MWrobel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 L
2017 Ram Rebel. POS air suspension went out a year ago and was fixed under warranty. POS air suspension went out again today while pulling a 24’ bay boat 150 miles from home. This does not have anything to do cold weather. Of course it’s 3 months out of warranty. Will be getting rid of air suspension and replacing with regular suspension. Anyone have any advice on new suspension?
You can buy any lift that fits the sport. The only other thing you need are the rear spring seats. That is all. If you go with more than 2 inches of lift I’d recommend upgrading the upper control arms as well.
I did this on mine after the air suspension started giving me issues.

PaleFlyer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
One thing folks haven't mentioned is that the Rebels come with E-rated tires from the factory. E-rated tires will be more rough riding on the road......I've had them on multiple vehicles. They are very heavy/stiff tires, and won't provide the "ride" that a standard 1500 has. It has nothing to do with the actual suspension (air or not). I currently drive a '16 Rebel. It's a stiff ride, but great when towing or offroad. And yes, my '16 is like a PW-lite (beefier transfer case). I have 83k on the Rebel so far....much of that is long road trips. I find that "in town" driving is the most bumpy....highway is fine.
My '18 with the factory tires rode better than my sister's Sierra, and my wife's Rav4 in town, and out of town... The Toyo Open Country ATII's were awesome (factory for me), the III's I feel are a downgrade. Ride fine, but traction seems worse.

I would say my Rebel rides like a high end luxury SUV/car, versus most trucks. (Dad once said my sister's Sierra rode well for a truck, my Rebel just rode well. Knowing my dad, he meant the Rebel rides well for ANY car.)