Rebel G/T

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Update. the Rebel G/T is in SLC. As of yesterday it was not yet unloaded off the rail. Dealer states it should be ready to pick up on Thursday! Sleepless nights ahead!!!
That's great to hear! Try not to think about it (yeah right LOL).

TestPilot57

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Not to be a wet blanket, but after looking at ramtrucks and the GT package, what is it that's unique? Other than a couple things that mean nothing to me, There's almost nothing that I don't have on my Laramie.

FYI, badging/model-promoting stuff are things I avoid.

The only things that are even slightly interesting are:
  • Cold Air Intake System by Mopar®
  • Passive Cold End Exhaust
But I can't even tell what they are or what the real-world differences are. Plus, you have to shell out $3k to get them. I'd rather spend $7k and put a s/c on it.

Color me jaded.

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Not to be a wet blanket, but after looking at ramtrucks and the GT package, what is it that's unique? Other than a couple things that mean nothing to me, There's almost nothing that I don't have on my Laramie.

FYI, badging/model-promoting stuff are things I avoid.

The only things that are even slightly interesting are:
  • Cold Air Intake System by Mopar®
  • Passive Cold End Exhaust
But I can't even tell what they are or what the real-world differences are. Plus, you have to shell out $3k to get them. I'd rather spend $7k and put a s/c on it.

Color me jaded.
The biggie for a lot of people is the console shifter and steering wheel shift paddles...

GT package.JPG

OP
OP
Bstrini

Bstrini

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Rebel GT
Engine
5.7 eTorque
Biggest thing for me was what Mikeru said. I actually tried to order it emblem delete and decal delete but that was a no go.

TestPilot57

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
The biggie for a lot of people is the console shifter and steering wheel shift paddles...
OK.....

Neither one of those things has ANY effect on performance. It's all about emotion. Again, $3K for that?!! Not me! But, it's your $$$. Spend away.

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
OK.....

Neither one of those things has ANY effect on performance. It's all about emotion. Again, $3K for that?!! Not me! But, it's your $$$. Spend away.
Might not be a big thing for you and that's great. Nobody is forcing you to get it. Plenty of other people do want it, and it's great to have the choice. No need to be demeaning about it.

Razorbackfan

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Congrats on one of the first 22s. Get some pics of the interior when you can so we can check it out

TestPilot57

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Might not be a big thing for you and that's great. Nobody is forcing you to get it. Plenty of other people do want it, and it's great to have the choice. No need to be demeaning about it.
What strikes me is that it's in the "G/T" package, which implies performance. Sometimes I hate marketing and at others I just loathe it.

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
What strikes me is that it's in the "G/T" package, which implies performance. Sometimes I hate marketing and at others I just loathe it.
Well your truck doesn't have it so no skin off your back. Why are you trying to derail this thread? Let the man enjoy his new Rebel GT :cheers:

Beautiful truck Bstrini! Do I see controls for ventilated seats in one of those pics? Not being able to get ventilated seats was the main reason I went with a Limited instead of a Rebel. If I had know about the GT package and ventilated seats I would have ordered a Rebel for sure.

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Lonestar Edition converted over to a Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Wow that thing is beautifu! Congrats!

Benny31

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Rebel GT
Engine
Amazing truck! Congrats. I ordered mine at the end of August. Mine is still in D Status. Enjoy man!

Last edited: