Rebel Knock Offs and BFG's.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
50968127067_f5e44e268a_c.jpg

50968023986_4fe9bb1d94_c.jpg

I just wanted something cool and oem, I'm not a rim freak and in CA you have to have oem offset or flares or they will make you take them off. So these rims were 599 on ebay from a dude with over 5,000 sales no negative feedback, then went to costco and had them wrapped with 295/70/17 bfg's which are rated 34's, plus 10 ply tires that were under 1150 out the door. So the total of everything out the door and shipped was less then $1700, I didnt get tpms, don't really need then with 10 ply's, you can go up to 85psi, lol. You always get nervous when you start buying stuff off the net and having someone else do tires, etc. But all is well that ends well, I would not hesitate to recommend these rebels, made the 2010 slt looks better then it ever has.

Last edited:

Quick_Shifter

IG: @ak_trucks_pa
Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7

I just wanted something cool and oem, I'm not a rim freak and in CA you have to have oem offset or flares or they will make you take them off. So these rims were 599 on ebay from a dude with over 5,000 sales no negative feedback, then went to costco and had them wrapped with 295/70/17 bfg's which are rated 34's, plus 10 ply tires that were under 1150 out the door. So the total of everything out the door and shipped was less then $1700, I didnt get tpms, don't really need then with 10 ply's, you can go up to 85psi, lol. You always get nervous when you start buying stuff off the net and having someone else do tires, etc. But all is well that ends well, I would not hesitate to recommend these rebels, made the 2010 slt looks better then it ever has.
Nice they look great!!

canadiankodiak700

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.7L Pentastar

10 ply and 85psi doesn't mean you don't need sensors. Do you even know what tpms are? Lol

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

LeesEvoX

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4l
10 ply and 85psi doesn't mean you don't need sensors. Do you even know what tpms are? Lol

im pretty sure Burla knows what TPMS are.. i think hes been around the block long enough lol.

@Burla wheels and tires look great! Now keep them clean! hahah. Any particular reason you didnt use TPMS though? i had discount tire switch my sensors from the old wheels to my new wheels, they didnt even charge me extra for it!

canadiankodiak700

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.7L Pentastar
im pretty sure Burla knows what TPMS are.. i think hes been around the block long enough lol.

@Burla wheels and tires look great! Now keep them clean! hahah. Any particular reason you didnt use TPMS though? i had discount tire switch my sensors from the old wheels to my new wheels, they didnt even charge me extra for it!
I know that, that last part was sarcasm.

canadiankodiak700

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.7L Pentastar
Congrats on the new rollers!
As for tpms, we never 'needed' it until they decided we couldn't read a $2 air gauge.
That wasn't the point there. They aren't "needed" add actually are just a pain in the ass.... My point was 10 ply and 85psi doesn't have anything to do with needing them.... Lol

caulk04

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Harumph. I want BFG AT's with raised whites, but I have no desire to buy a new set of wheels. Bugs the crap out of me that the OWL options are so thin.

Plankton

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Looks great! I am a little biased on the blacked out Rebel rims though. :D

OP
OP
Burla

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Looks great! I am a little biased on the blacked out Rebel rims though. :D

So the fake rebel rims are a little different, it seams like the oem rebels are clear coated, I have not tried polishing these obviously, but they appear to have the clear coat mixed in with single stage, something that is popular to do but it lacks that clear wetter look for real rebels and ends up more shiney. And instead of a dodge insignia in the middle it is a eagle.

My sensors were 11 years old, didnt care to have them switched and really didn't care to spend 260 dollars for 4 new ones. 10 ply allows for more air, thus in winter when your sensors are blinking and you think the world is caving in, I wont be worrying as I know my tires will be no where near low, carry on.

The purpose of me writing this was to help anyone wanting to get rid of that garbage oem ram used to put out, those rims that not even a mother could love. There is a dirt cheap oem friendly option. I waited 11 years to get rid of these because I wanted to use the factory rubber up. I hate those fuggin ugly oem rims, I would literally rather of had work truck rims, I probably would have never upgraded with work truck rims. I don't even know what that metal is, not stainless not chrome not painted, just the ugliest rims ever, I give myself a pat on the back for surviving the last 11 years with that crap hanging off my truck. There is good ugly and bad ugly, that sh*t is just bad ugly.

Call me anything you want, but don't call me a irresponsible citizen. I did not waste that oem rubber.

50968129922_79c103bf7d_c.jpg

6128198542_294168ffa0_c.jpg

caulk04

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I'm happy with the Pirelli Scorpions I put on.

That tread pattern looks like it'd be real good in snow. Have you seen any slushy heavy junk with them?

I'm not due for tires for over a year, likely, but I've been looking at options. I like the looks of the Mastercraft AXT2, have had good luck with Mastercraft in the past.

Plankton

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So the fake rebel rims are a little different, it seams like the oem rebels are clear coated, I have not tried polishing these obviously, but they appear to have the clear coat mixed in with single stage, something that is popular to do but it lacks that clear wetter look for real rebels and ends up more shiney. And instead of a dodge insignia in the middle it is a eagle.

I was looking to take that route too before convincing myself to take the PC route. One thing I wanted to do but was too busy at the time was to spray the stock Ram's head caps to match the BB Pearl. It's really not noticeable unless you're looking for it though with the matte black against the shiny powder coating. The next time I switch over to my Baja rims, I'll get er done.

Ludville1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi Sport Crew
Wheels/tires turned out great. Nice looking truck man, congrats!

OP
OP
Burla

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
You waited 11 years to get rid of the 20's ? I waited 3 days and thought it was an eternity. damn. Lol

you know now that I look back on it, I should have taken them off day one and posted them on cragslist, I'm sure a dude with a work truck would have bought them if nothing else for the rubber and sensors.. I like this truck more then ever, hard to convey how good it looks in person.