Rebel or Raptor?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
pridemore54

pridemore54

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
With regards to your Bluetooth skipping:

My 2014 Sport has the same issue. I assume eventually they will fix it with an update. I believe it has to do with the way the Bluetooth connects to multiple devices. It happens to me when I'm trying to use my Ipod, but also have my phone in the truck connected. I have never experienced it just using my phone.

Mine is easily work aroundable as well by just pausing it for two seconds and hitting play again. However it will come back after a song or two.

As for the raptor, I've been deep in the forums over the last couple of weeks and the frame issue is mostly myth. Of course they are still breakable but they can take anything that any other 1500 frame could. Just some idiots out there think they can jump 75 feet into the air and come down without any damage. Its still just as strong as every other truck. Something like that wouldn't get through R&D of one of the big 3 on a specialty vehicle like that

rraulston

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram Rebel
Engine
5.7 Hemi
This is simple...get what you want. Don't be naïve and think the Ford wont have issues. Knowing both trucks will have issues, I would look at the duration of each trucks warranties, value, then factor that against what I really want. Simple. The raptor with no warranty would be a deal breaker. And why did someone trade in the most coolest/popular truck on the market?? I once took a VIN from a car on a dealers lot and snuck back to the service department and asked to review the maintenance history. New engine?? No thanks.

bfill_rebel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Was that a gen 1 or a gen 2? The gen 2's have a much nicer interior but the v6 kills it for me and the exterior on the gen 1 is better lookin IMO

I got my ‘16 rebel and traded in my 2012 f150 ecoboost. I have no regrets. The eco boost was an awesome motor in terms of performance and towed well. However even with OCD upkeep and maintaining it above and beyond Ford rec’s I had it blow a piston through the block and needed a whole new motor (warranty) the turbo leaks and high pressure fuel pump in engine bay went bad. I traded with 2k miles left on warranty cuz I lost faith in the truck and just had my daughter born.

Ecoboost tuned and some mods was fast as hell. However it never sounded or felt like a truck to me.

The fit and finish on my Rebel is better than the ford and it rides nicer for the family. Add in Hemi exhaust note (to me I think v8 tone when I think truck) and you can’t get that in the Ecoboost (I tried 3 mufflers and none were great).

Is it to late for you to consider lemon law and get a new rebel?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk