Rebel Recommendations

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Adam Golden

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a 2016 Rebel and a 2015 JKU. Rebel is stock, JKU is lifted with 35” tires.
The Rebel stock will go anywhere the Jeep goes, and you’ll be more comfortable. The drawback is the size. The Rebel will be a tight fit in places that a Jeep feels comfortable. Also, another drawback, that I’m finding out, is the cost to customize. Jeeps have all kinds of options for lift kits, bumpers, and accessories. For the Rebels, it’s practically non-existent. And when you do find parts that fit, they are expensive.
Cons aside, the Rebel is an amazing truck. It has power, comfort, and handles very well off-road

OP
OP

4Lo4x4

Reaction score
Ram Year
None
Engine
None
I have a 2016 Rebel and a 2015 JKU. Rebel is stock, JKU is lifted with 35” tires.
The Rebel stock will go anywhere the Jeep goes, and you’ll be more comfortable. The drawback is the size. The Rebel will be a tight fit in places that a Jeep feels comfortable. Also, another drawback, that I’m finding out, is the cost to customize. Jeeps have all kinds of options for lift kits, bumpers, and accessories. For the Rebels, it’s practically non-existent. And when you do find parts that fit, they are expensive.
Cons aside, the Rebel is an amazing truck. It has power, comfort, and handles very well off-road

The power and comfort is a major plus over the JKU. Plus need the extra room in the back seat. Back on the market with the search.

OP
OP

4Lo4x4

Reaction score
Ram Year
None
Engine
None
So I'm looking at 2017s and 2018s. All around 50k miles. Anything I should be aware of? Any benefits of waiting another 6 months for when more 2019s are traded in?

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So I'm looking at 2017s and 2018s. All around 50k miles. Anything I should be aware of? Any benefits of waiting another 6 months for when more 2019s are traded in?
Really other than the exterior looks and the bigger cab/back seat, they are relatively close to the same truck mechanically.