Rebuilt 5.7 mds delete cam swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1slwram14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So the engine in my ram 1500 5.7 was rebuilt they also did mds delete when I dropped my truck off it had no electrical issues but when they gave it back it had them tired of fighting them anyways
The truck engine is good got tuned by hemi fever but it’s running like crap has symptoms as poor throttle response stalls out when I try to accelerate it lightning bolt is on it cranks more then it should too turn on. Has a couple of circuit high codes for example
(Manifold Absolute Pressure/Barometric
Pressure Circuit High) this is one of the notes I got on my scanner also says cam postition sensor circuit is also high. The idle could be a little high at times thinking maybe the Manifold Short Running Valve Actuator was left unplugged

SwitcherLP

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Sounds like the tune needs to be redone, classic tune problems there. I am also concerned that there may be other problems too, they definitely need to take a once over the mechanical work just to make sure. There are a lot of things that can be messed up in a build like this, my first Charger build blew up spectacularly within 200 miles due to what I believe to be an improper cam install, so definitely get it back to them with as minimal driving as possible-read no further driving.

Gerb15

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Jasper hemi 5.7
Check for ungrounded wires. Had similar issue with a reman’d MDS delete engine from Jasper. Shop was able to fix it quickly due to a “wire that wasn’t grounded” during the replacement. Only issue is the engine still has poor throttle as compared to the original engine. But the error codes have stopped.

OP
OP

1slwram14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Sounds like the tune needs to be redone, classic tune problems there. I am also concerned that there may be other problems too, they definitely need to take a once over the mechanical work just to make sure. There are a lot of things that can be messed up in a build like this, my first Charger build blew up spectacularly within 200 miles due to what I believe to be an improper cam install, so definitely get it back to them with as minimal driving as possible-read no further driving.
So hemi fever tuned my truck I actually unplugged cumputer plugged back in and did a reset to stock and reinstalled tune I have my truck parked in my shop but haven’t got around to crank it over cause battery was dead at the time also I had another shop look over there work and was told engine was ok nothing wrong with it. Idk if they may of forgot to install cam limiter but not sure if that would cause them issues I’m sending it to another shop to check the wires or ground I’m at the point where ima buy a computer and harness. When they were working on my truck I went to the shop they had it outside without a hood computer was unplugged and it had rained that day so idk if computer got shorted or if water got inside the plug and flash rusted

OP
OP

1slwram14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Check for ungrounded wires. Had similar issue with a reman’d MDS delete engine from Jasper. Shop was able to fix it quickly due to a “wire that wasn’t grounded” during the replacement. Only issue is the engine still has poor throttle as compared to the original engine. But the error codes have stopped.
Yeaa bro I’m actually sending it to another shop a “performance” shop to see if they can figure out the problem I hoping the machine shop forgot to put in the limiter lock so it can be simple lol I refuse to go back to shop who made this mess because only issues I was having was it was smoking none of this started till after they did the work another shop looked over the work and said engine was fine that it was something electrical maybe computer has like 28codes

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
when you change cams to eliminate MDS
Don't you have to change the valves, among other things ?

I think that i would have just installed a Engine out of a 2500 Ram instead

OP
OP

1slwram14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
when you change cams to eliminate MDS
Don't you have to change the valves, among other things ?

I think that i would have just installed a Engine out of a 2500 Ram instead
Yes it’s pushrods lifters cam sub solenoid plugs and tune to turn off mds