Recall No More - 5.7l Exhaust manifold bolts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

G-Ride990

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Oh sure... exhaust manifolds bolts breaking off is not exactly a maintenance item like tires and brakes. Come on. I think we have all had many different autos, never had to swap out the exhaust manifold bolts ever 40-60k miles.

I know I was just making a point that it's not a huge deal to fix it.

I've got at least one broken bolt in my truck right now with only 40k miles. It definitely sucks but I don't think it's worth getting rid of the truck. I ordered some ARH long tubes to hopefully never deal with it again but who knows?

RJet

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
61K on my 2018 and have to replace a few broken bolts. Independent repair shop has a great reputation and will replace them with aftermarket manifold for $1,100

PaleFlyer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I wonder what the percentage is of people with broken bolts?

I talk to Ram owners every time I see one / get the chance and have only met 1 person with a 2012 had it happen. Once. It was years ago and he still owns the truck, just talked to him yesterday.

I've talked to literally DOZENS of others since I bought my truck and joined this Forum (and read about it...) who have never even HEARD of this issue.

If it's under 1 in 10 or 20 that's probably why nothing is being done.
I would bet (as an owner of an '18 with ~65k, and not noticed any tick yet) that it is because a lot of us either don't start until we are in the cabin, or remote start, and so the engine is already warm before we get close).

That being said, I think I just found the head of one of my exhaust bolts in the driveway crack yesterday. Rusted to crap, so I assume it has been there a little while.

Looking for the best "bang for buck" fix, to only have to do one time, which looks like headers, so now (on page 12 as I type this of 17), trying to figure out if I can do some shorties, and NOT have to do too much ****** with the exhaust system.

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VLG6963