Recommend bedcover

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bigfoots03hd

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Picked up my new truck last night now need to get a bedcover. Had a Bakflip G2 on my last truck. Looking for recommendations and feedback on what bedcovers everyone likes the best. Want to stay with a folding bedcover Thanks

BOWERSFJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Bal-Flip plus and minus .... Plus, they flip all the way up to the back glass, where some only flip twice .... Minus, they seam to leak a lot .... But maybe they all do ....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Bigfoots03hd

Bigfoots03hd

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Bal-Flip plus and minus .... Plus, they flip all the way up to the back glass, where some only flip twice .... Minus, they seam to leak a lot .... But maybe they all do ....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes mine leaked some on my last truck but I like that I can fold it up and get full use of the bed

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Lomax and BakFlip MX4 are our 2 best sellers. We offer most brands and great pricing on them. Let us know if we can help. Send me a message if you would like a quote on anything

Pudge

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Power Wagon 75th
Engine
Hemi 6.4
The mx4 bakflip is much better than the g2. You can close the tailgate independently of the bakflip. Got tired of my wife and friends using my truck and not watching how they closed the tailgate on my g2. No more worries on my new truck with the mx4.

Farmer Fran

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited Loaded - Sold
OEM on my truck. No leaks.

FYI, RamBox truck

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
For a folding cover, I'd also recommend the BakFlip MX4. I just installed on on our Limited last weekend. I really like how low it sits on the bed.

For a soft roll up cover I'd recommend the Truxedo LoPro. I've had a couple of these over the years and have been very happy with them.

NorthStar1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Ram 1500 Big Horn/Lone Star 4x2 Crew
Engine
Hemi 5.7 eTorque
If you haven’t dealt with Nick, you’re in for a treat! He’s a great guy who knows the meaning and value of delivering quality customer service. I’m a repeat customer and highly recommend him!

Chuffnut

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Ordered a MX4 from Luke at truckalterations for under $850. It's for rambox bed, so it's a bit more than the one for the regular bed. I also bought a Lomax from him last April for a little under $700. Tonneaucovered also does close to those prices if you chat or call them. I'm not at all affiliated with these sites, I just do a lot of comparison shopping before I buy, and thought I'd pass it on.

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
We offer most brands and are a supporting vendor of this forum. Anyone interested in a bed cover feel free to message me for a quote and if you already priced out a cover elsewhere send over the quote to me and I will do my best to match or beat it.

Support a supporting vendor by giving us the opportunity to earn your business.

GunnyJC

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Ram 1500 Crew Cab Laramie 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7 eTorque
has anyone installed the Rough Country hard tri-fold cover?

it seems like a good quality cover, and is less expensive then the other brands I was looking at

https://www.roughcountry.com/dodge-ram-low-profile-tonneau-cover-47320550c.html
I've never had one but it looks like a good cover. As a matter of personal opinion, I'd pay the extra bucks and go for an MX4 if I had my heart set on a hard cover. Simply because of the added bed space provided by being able to fold it up against the rear window. If you don't plan to use your truck in such a manner that needs full bed access, little Rough Country looks like a great product. I went cheaper yet this go around and went with a soft cover. They're easier to remove than hard covers, if need be. Of course, that's JMHO.

HAL9001

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If you're willing to spend a considerable amount more, the Retrax Pro series of retractable covers are an excellent choice. After a lot of research, I decided to go with the Retrax Pro XR. Ignore the $1929 MSRP, call a Retrax Pro reseller and you'll be able to get one for around $1,600 delivered.

VA-RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Laramie / 2020 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I put the Truxedo Duece 2 on my wife's 2020 Laramie. Love the look...low profile and has a fold open panel for access at the cab but still able to rollup from the tailgate. Its a soft co0ver but has dual purpose access!