Recommendation for modifying 5.7 ram

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Adnan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey everyone,

I am totally new to this forum and this is my first post here.

Just wanted to join ram forums to get recommendation from actual ram experts since I just got my first ram 2022 classic truck with 5.7 hemi engine just drove it to 13k KM (8K Miles), and yet I am willing to do some modifying to the engine and suspensions, I already got the Mopar Catback from the dealership, still want more. I was watching some videos of cammed 5.7 rams and it is F**en Awesome. I dunno about which is the best brand of cams, but I heard texas speed is one of the best. lowering kits were painful to look it up, there is so much out there and not specifed , and im lost which is which and what to get , but this takes me also for the rims, I got blacked out rims matches my car color, it looks decent to be honest, but there is much better choices for blacked out rims, yet main reason is I am here for the cams I am interested in turning it into a beast,

All suggestions are welcome.

Regards,

Lsujker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I want pics! this forum needs more regular cab hemis. final year of the short bed as well. congrats.

You should probably wait on the mods a little longer till the warranty is up. Just my opinion. You do you.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel

Lsujker

did you notice where they live ?
I doubt if there are Dodge dealerships over there

OP
OP
Adnan

Adnan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I want pics! this forum needs more regular cab hemis. final year of the short bed as well. congrats.

You should probably wait on the mods a little longer till the warranty is up. Just my opinion. You do you.
Thanks bud !.

Yeah been thinking that too, but why not have fun now :p

And here is the pictures you asked for enjoy em.
banner.jpg20230506_080329192_iOS.jpg20221222_114332973_iOS.jpg

1SloRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

Plenty of us RCSB’s here.
Always room for another.

T Jones

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

Here's a couple more pics for you. Regular cab, 6 ft. bed.

RAM-3A.jpg

Hat-Hemi-Glasses-1.jpg

Compu-Doc

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Hey everyone,

I am totally new to this forum and this is my first post here.

Just wanted to join ram forums to get recommendation from actual ram experts since I just got my first ram 2022 classic truck with 5.7 hemi engine just drove it to 13k KM (8K Miles), and yet I am willing to do some modifying to the engine and suspensions, I already got the Mopar Catback from the dealership, still want more. I was watching some videos of cammed 5.7 rams and it is F**en Awesome. I dunno about which is the best brand of cams, but I heard texas speed is one of the best. lowering kits were painful to look it up, there is so much out there and not specifed , and im lost which is which and what to get , but this takes me also for the rims, I got blacked out rims matches my car color, it looks decent to be honest, but there is much better choices for blacked out rims, yet main reason is I am here for the cams I am interested in turning it into a beast,

All suggestions are welcome.

Regards,
My personal feelings are don't do any internal mods until after the warranty has expired
I've noticed the best mod for my 5.7 was a Pedal Commander...

Lsujker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I tried to order a regular cab, hemi, 6.4 bed express with bucket seats last December. Unfortunately orders for 2022 express short beds had closed. Attempt was to make a classic RT. Like the gray color. Could not afford an RT when new. Fortunately found one local in white but 4x4. 7k option… so I pulled the trigger. Blast to drive but you are right, could use a little more pep for my taste.

Would love to push 500+ hp but fuel injection is not forgiving. You make more air, you need more fuel. So do you cam, now you are looking at computer mods. Will springs and valves take the lift? Should I port the heads? Lower compression? I would rather drive the **** out a slower/reliable car. Have had 500hp sports car. In 4 seconds I was breaking the law.

Not saying don’t. If you do, we all want videos to live vicariously. In the mean time, more pics please and stories. This is why we are here. Distractions from life and to share a hobby.

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Thanks,

Looked that up, would you recommend a specific model ? or just any.
There are a variety of places that do it, some of them usually wanting to sell you a handheld tuner to go with it. HP tuners is the way to go after, whether it's you or a pro.
I don't know your budget (if you have oil money or regular guy money) but me with your truck, this is what I would do:
- Minimum lower the ass end (that body looks really good with a mild front and rear drop)
- Switch to 9" wide wheels, you currently have the 8" wide wheels
- Unlocked PCM
- 6.4 swap; this can be an Scat SRT engine (already comes setup with a better cam closer to 500 hp but you'll need to transfer oil pan and front cover) or the truck version (cheaper and drops right in but you'll want a better cam than 410 hp provides) with the 6.4 truck intake manifold
- If considering forced induction down the road, take the time to build the short block now
- Tuning to match
- Long tube headers
- Little tune for the ZF 8sp trans (not mandatory but you can get better performance shifting)

Soileau

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 R/T Sport
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Very nice truck man. I have a 2015 that I finally got a little cash to do more than bolt ons. Plan to install headers, cam it, and swap out MDS lifters within the next month. I haven't dropped my truck yet for the same reason. Never could find great reviews on any of them until I found IHC suspension. They have, from what I've read and Ive read a lot about this, what I think is the best option for lowering your truck and maintaining the factory ride while keeping in spec for limited tire wear. When I lower mine thats who I will go with. You can look them up on facebook.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
radikio