Recommendations for Tonneau Cover - My requirements...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

timotheus

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi eTorque
Hello everyone, I did a quick search and didn't see a specific recommendation meeting my requirements. Therefore, figured I would take a quick poll. Just purchased a 2022 Ram 1500 Limited with 5.7 foot bed. I need it to be secured or locked. I'm thinking of getting the Mopar tri fold cover, but not sure. Any suggestions? Also, I just purchased the vehicle. I'm thinking Ram or Mopar may send some coupons. Appreciate any feedback or advice. Thanks!

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
We offer most brands. Check out the BAK MX4, that is the most popular cover that will check all the boxes for you. We can offer it at a great price

Message me if you would like a quote on this or any other bed cover.

DILLIGAF

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Mopar Tri-Fold is junk, delaminated after just 2 winters.

My Bacflip is on its 6th winter and starting to show its age. But at least its never gotten water logged... lol...

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a full tonneau cover, mopar and paint matched. But stupid expensive. Not sure on just how secure, maybe a roll n lock or one of the Diamonds ones may secure more, but what I have locks also.

IMG_0836.JPGIMG_0838.JPGIMG_0862.JPGtrkwash.jpg

Docwagon1776

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012, 2021
Engine
5.7, 6.4
I've had the TonnoPro soft tri fold on my old truck for 10 years. It started losing stitching somewhere around year 7 and TonnoPro replaced it for free under the lifetime warranty. That truck is now my son's truck and the cover is still on it. The cover has been extremely weather proof and I've not had anything in the bed get wet using it. No dealing with drain tubes, since it sits up a bit over the bed and doesn't hold water.

I just bought the exact same for my PW. It doesn't "lock", but it does clamp down and you can't undo the clamps without dropping the tailgate, which does lock. Someone with a knife could get in, but nobody is cutting covers just to see what's in the bed.

I bought the first one from Summit Racing, and the second one from Real Truck here on the forum. If you PM them they'll send you a price that's under what I found anyone else selling it for.

gofishn

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 5th Gen, Big Horn, 4X4, Crew Cab, 6'4" Box
Engine
hemi 5.7L, 345 cu in
Got a Truxedo Sentry CT cover and like it, metal slats, wrapped in Nylon type and velcro rails on side with a pull string to realse which is hidden when tailgate up, No cutting the thing and pretty secure.

Dredger

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
RetraxOne MX Retractable Tonneau Cover. Note: You will lose a bit of bed space because the cover rolls into a canister located at the front of the bed. Otherwise, an excellent product!

Mb7640

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have a peragon works great. Cam be locked no leaks and can be removed easily if you need to use the entire bed. Was going to get a back-lit I did not like that it covers the back window if you need to use the bed.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221227_083635_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20221227_083635_Chrome.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 6

jejb

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Got a Truxedo Sentry CT cover and like it, metal slats, wrapped in Nylon type and velcro rails on side with a pull string to realse which is hidden when tailgate up, No cutting the thing and pretty secure.
I also have the Sentry on my 22. Had it on my 18 also. I like that you can't just cut it to get into the bed, and that it is super easy to remove if you need the entire bed. I looked hard at the bakflip, but as gofishin says, it blocks your entire rear window when fully opened up. I like to keep a better eye on what I'm hauling then it allows. Yeah, you can switch on the cargo camera, but it only stays on a few seconds at a time.

gofishn

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 5th Gen, Big Horn, 4X4, Crew Cab, 6'4" Box
Engine
hemi 5.7L, 345 cu in
I have a peragon works great. Cam be locked no leaks and can be removed easily if you need to use the entire bed. Was going to get a back-lit I did not like that it covers the back window if you need to use the bed.
I looked at the Peragon but thought it stood slightly higher than the Truxedo Sentry CT. I wanted to keep the body lines, as much as possible, if I was NOT going to get a Topper. That PEragon is a very nice cover. Doubt I;d have regretted buying it, if I had not gone with the Truxedo

KeithP

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 VVT
Hello everyone, I did a quick search and didn't see a specific recommendation meeting my requirements. Therefore, figured I would take a quick poll. Just purchased a 2022 Ram 1500 Limited with 5.7 foot bed. I need it to be secured or locked. I'm thinking of getting the Mopar tri fold cover, but not sure. Any suggestions? Also, I just purchased the vehicle. I'm thinking Ram or Mopar may send some coupons. Appreciate any feedback or advice. Thanks!
Undercover tonneaus are very secure. I’m on my 4th one. Zero complaints.

Cabinetman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 etorque
I'll go with the truxedo like I have on my F150. I like how it rolls up easily to use the bed and you dont lose any space. As far as security, I never keep anything that valuable in my truck bed.

ColesRAM

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 V8
I have a 2020 Laramie 1500, short bed. Got a Gator four-fold (Bikflip) off Amazon. Easy installation, locks up nicely and appears durable. Been outside since July, thru two hurricanes and recent freeze. So far, all good.

JJEH

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
get a Bakflip. You wont be sorry
Well, depends. We've got the G2 since 2018 on ours and the Oklahoma hail was beating it up pretty good, so the aluminum layer is bending upwards. And it's not waterproof. While it has built-in drainage and tubes to reroute the water out from the bed, it is NOT waterproof. So don't put anything important back there. Their other models might be a better choice.

OP
OP
T

timotheus

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi eTorque
We offer most brands. Check out the BAK MX4, that is the most popular cover that will check all the boxes for you. We can offer it at a great price

Message me if you would like a quote on this or any other bed cover.
Hello Nick, I messaged you for a quote. Thanks!

wiggy999

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Very impressed with BakFlip service. I bought a USED G2 hard tri-fold, and they quickly sent me hardware that was missing, no questions asked. FREE :)

jejb

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Very impressed with BakFlip service. I bought a USED G2 hard tri-fold, and they quickly sent me hardware that was missing, no questions asked. FREE :)
Great to hear.

Sentry is really good that way too. When I swapped the Sentry cover from my 18 to my 22, I needed all the seals. They would not take any money for them, and they arrived in 2 days.