Recommended Exterior Cleaning Product

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FriedDumpling

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Just got a small household pressure washer. Looking for a recommendation on soap for foam cannon. Anybody a fan of a particular product? Other recommendations?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bcbouy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 power wagon
Engine
hemi
there's literally a million products out there.what are you looking to get out of it? if you just want lots of foam,chemical guys **** suds ll doesn't strip protectants.it's my go to foam cannon wash when i just want a gentle wash.they also have a snow foam wash for foam cannons.if you have a lot of tree sap,bird **** and stuff like that you want something a little more aggressive.

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Lonestar Edition converted over to a Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I use both Chemical guys and Adams for my truck. Soap and Cannon is Chemical Guys, interior, waxes and detailers I use Chemical guys more extensive stuff like scratch remover and ceramic coating I use Adams. I just started using some Adams stuff and I am very impressed! I will post up my stuff tomorrow. We are about to head to a birthday party for my nephew.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Three types, spray and rinse, spray and wash, sticky spray and wash (as in bubbly foam sticks to surface.) CG honey is nice for the third option as in the foam sticks, but you will need to hand wash with it. Personally, I like onr and leave the foam gun alone, but hey if you like suds it is the way to go.

joelmic

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Ram 1500 Express Quad Cab 3.6L 4x4 20x9 Wheels
Engine
I use both Chemical guys and Adams for my truck.

I do too... I use MrPink but I'm gonna try one of the others soon.
I too have a medium pressure washer and a really good foam cannon... I like making suds

But I also don't rely on the foam alone, I have the 2 bucket system and wash with big head microfiber mitt on a stick

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
HEMI 5.7 Revolution 4.88s
Honestly anything from a good detail shop that is shampoo and wax mix will do the trick ...I don't use any big name brand on my truck, I use a shampoo and wax mix from a guy who sells detail products in my town and I wouldn't use anything else on my truck ....

Don't get too caught up on name brands, the key is to use a micro fiber mitt to wash your vehicles and never do the Mr. Miyagi wax on wax off when scrubbing ...always go one panel at a time and use straight lines either vertical or horizontal with minimal pressure ... allow the pressure washer to break down some of the crap that is stuck on your truck/car but be careful not to use too much pressure directly on it ....

If you can try and ceramic coat your vehicles, that will make cleaning them a lot easier ... and avoid washing in direct sun unless you have a spotless water system ....

When drying if you don't have some kind of coating use a drying agent to lubricate while you dry ... this will minimize the risk of giving your vehicles any swirl marks .... Use a waffle type towel or a good microfiber towel but also dry in straight lines never in circles ...

Buy yourself a bottle of Meguiars Hybrid ceramic wax and dilute it in a spray bottle, only add about 1-2 spoons or use a shot glass and the rest water to wipe off any running water spots once you finish drying .... You can also use this as a quick detailer in between washes but be careful to not put too much pressure when doing so .... spray the area down with it and spray the microfiber towel with it as well and just light wipe away the dust, but only do this if it's just dust or pollen not mud or dirt ...

If you don't want to ceramic coat it use a good paste wax, I use Meguiars Ultimate paste wax and it works nicely ....

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Ok here is my list of stuff that I use. Sorry I went ADD and fully paint corrected two cars today.

Washing:

2 Home Depot buckets
1 chemical guys strainer
1 chemical guys blue wash fit
1 amazon micro fiber wash mit on an extended poll. Also works great for drying the top.
2/ Meguires drying towls tan color. I use one to knock the bulk of the water off and the second one as my finisher. It helps keep detailing at the end to a minimal.
1/ Chemical guys foam cannon
1/ Harbor Freight Portland electric pressure washer. Optional The Chemical guys foam cannon is pretty good just on a hose.
Chemical guys extreme body wash and wax, but Mr Pink is very cost effective and great as well.

Detailing Exterior:
Chemical guys speed detailer. By far the best thing I have ever used. "can buy in bulk"
Waxes:
Good all around wax Chemical guys butter wax
Good in between waxes Chemical Guys Banana spray wax
Swirl and scratch remover Adams works fairly good. It did better today on my wifes Pacifica. I really had to work it on the Ram.
Clay bar kits Chemical guys did an amazing job.
Polish I personally like Chemical guys #38 but they have several different ones depending on how bad faded your paint is.
Ceramic coating Adams by far. I would not suggest any other one personally. For the price and the reviews I watched its great. Plus I saw the results I wanted.

Interior:
Leather I use Chemical guys sprayable leather and conditioner. My wifes Pacifica has had nothing but that since day one, and almost 3 years later no wear and the leather is still very rich looking. "can buy in bulk"
Clear plastic cleaner I use Chemical guys total interior cleaner. It also helps with dust.
As far as plastics dash door panels. This one is up to you. I personally like shiny stuff like really shiny. So I use Hyper high gloss protectant, but both Adams and Chemical guys offer different ones to suit your tastes. "can buy in bulk"
Carpet and cloth cleanerChemical guys lightning fast diluted and a meguires scrub brush. Or some good old tough stuff with a scrub brush.

Wheels and Tires:
I use Chemical guys speed detailer on our painted rims.
Chrome polish and I will go old school here, but its still one of the best. Turtle wax chrome polish and rust remover.
Tires shine I like Chemical guys tire kicker. Once again I like shiny. There is lots of other options through Chemical guys and Adams. Its just whatever suits your fancy. "tire kicker can be bought in bulk"

Engine cleaner and shine:
Personally I like gunk.
black plastics I use Chemical guys VRP under the hood

Black trim restorer:
Chemical Guys Tire and Trim Gel or Black on Black

Odor Eliminator:
Chemical Guys has tons:
I use Watermelon and it smells really good.

Vacuum:
I have a shop vac and I use my wifes dyson lol.

Microfiber towls:
I have both Adams and Chemical Guys

Interior and Exterior trim applicators:
Blue Amazon or Yellow Chemical Guys when they are on sale.

Tire shine applicator:
Chemical guys

Wax Applicator by hand:
I like Adams.

If you want a good buffer:
Really don't skimp, but I got a Chemical Guys TORQx on sale. Adams also sells one and I am sure the Dewalt one is good as well.

I think that's everything. I am sure I am missing something. These are just suggestions, but that is what is personally in my garage. I didn't just go drop a ton of money. I bought a little bit here and there. Really Amazon is the best prices on all of it. Plus Prime shipping. Just a couple of pics I took. In two days I fully paint corrected the Ram and the Wifes Pacifica. Clay bar, scratch remover, polish, and then Ceramic coating. The Charger is a garage queen. She had two small scratches on the mirrors. I fixed that, polished it, and ceramic coated it.

IMG_1212.JPG

IMG_1220.JPG

IMG_1225.JPG

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
Ok here is my list of stuff that I use. Sorry I went ADD and fully paint corrected two cars today.

Washing:

2 Home Depot buckets
1 chemical guys strainer
1 amazon micro fiber wash mit on an extended poll. Also works great for drying the top.
2/ Meguires drying towls tan color. I use one to knock the bulk of the water off and the second one as my finisher. It helps keep detailing at the end to a minimal.
1/ Harbor Freight Portland electric pressure washer. Optional The Chemical guys foam cannon is pretty good just on a hose.
Chemical guys extreme body wash and wax, but Mr Pink is very cost effective and great as well.

Detailing Exterior:
Chemical guys speed detailer. By far the best thing I have ever used. "can buy in bulk"
Waxes:
Swirl and scratch remover Adams works fairly good. It did better today on my wifes Pacifica. I really had to work it on the Ram.
Polish I personally like Chemical guys #38 but they have several different ones depending on how bad faded your paint is.
Ceramic coating Adams by far. I would not suggest any other one personally. For the price and the reviews I watched its great. Plus I saw the results I wanted.

Interior:
Leather I use Chemical guys sprayable leather and conditioner. My wifes Pacifica has had nothing but that since day one, and almost 3 years later no wear and the leather is still very rich looking. "can buy in bulk"
Clear plastic cleaner I use Chemical guys total interior cleaner. It also helps with dust.
As far as plastics dash door panels. This one is up to you. I personally like shiny stuff like really shiny. So I use Hyper high gloss protectant, but both Adams and Chemical guys offer different ones to suit your tastes. "can buy in bulk"
Carpet and cloth cleanerChemical guys lightning fast diluted and a meguires scrub brush. Or some good old tough stuff with a scrub brush.

Wheels and Tires:
Chrome polish and I will go old school here, but its still one of the best. Turtle wax chrome polish and rust remover.
Tires shine I like Chemical guys tire kicker. Once again I like shiny. There is lots of other options through Chemical guys and Adams. Its just whatever suits your fancy. "tire kicker can be bought in bulk"

Personally I like gunk.

Black trim restorer:

Odor Eliminator:
Chemical Guys has tons:

Vacuum:

Microfiber towls:

Tire shine applicator:
Chemical guys

Wax Applicator by hand:
I like Adams.

Really don't skimp, but I got a Chemical Guys TORQx on sale. Adams also sells one and I am sure the Dewalt one is good as well.

I think that's everything. I am sure I am missing something. These are just suggestions, but that is what is personally in my garage. I didn't just go drop a ton of money. I bought a little bit here and there. Really Amazon is the best prices on all of it. Plus Prime shipping. Just a couple of pics I took. In two days I fully paint corrected the Ram and the Wifes Pacifica. Clay bar, scratch remover, polish, and then Ceramic coating. The Charger is a garage queen. She had two small scratches on the mirrors. I fixed that, polished it, and ceramic coated it.

Your truck and car look great my friend ... great choice of products as well ...

I love a clean truck myself and my wife's lexus is always clean as well , won't let her drive it if it's dirty lol ...

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Your truck and car look great my friend ... great choice of products as well ...

I love a clean truck myself and my wife's lexus is always clean as well , won't let her drive it if it's dirty lol ...
Lol I am the same way! I hate dirty vehicles.

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Now if it's an older one like my 94 corolla i don't mind too much .... but something about a dirty car that makes you feel dirty as well lol

Sent from my SM-T387V using Tapatalk
My 02 work truck gets washed maybe once a year. Really what's the point the paint is gone anyways. I agree tho. I have been that way since I was 15 and got my first car.

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
My 02 work truck gets washed maybe once a year. Really what's the point the paint is gone anyways. I agree tho. I have been that way since I was 15 and got my first car.
My corolla just got washed and already looks dirty as hell ... all the clear coat is gone but he still kicks ass dirty or clean

Sent from my SM-T387V using Tapatalk

Dr. Righteous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Recently I jumped on the "foam cannon" way of washing the vehicles. Also I wanted to try this new "ceramic" car wash craze so I purchased the Armor All Ceramic car wash. My dad's Big Horn is usually covered with mud so I tested it out on it. Just using the foamer connected to the pressure washer I foamed it down and let it set for several minutes. Then I use the pressure washer to wash all the suds away. The results look as good as the big yellow sponge hand wash and took half the time. It had good water beading action just like it was waxed. I said "Wow! Time to give my truck the treatment." Tried to start the pressure washer and it wouldn't pull start. It kicked back and ripped the pull start cord out of my hand which hurt like hell. I realized It is not bleeding off compression so it can be pulled started. I removed the valve cover to check the valve lash. It was good. I pulled the spark plug out and pulled the cord turning it over slowly and watched the exhaust rocker for the little "bump" on the compression stroke. Not there. No ACR action at all. I did some digging and found the spring for the fly weight return can break leaving the ACR disengaged all the time. Had to order the entire cam gear assy. Lucky it was cheap.

Dr. Righteous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Odor Eliminator:
Chemical Guys has tons:

I like their line of car air scents.

For years I've been trying to find the air freshener used in the first nice 4x4 vehicle I ever owned. That was a '89 Bronco XLT. Loved that trucks style and tan and green two tone paint scheme of that truck but finally had to part with it because it emptied may savings staying broken down so much. But the smell of the interior sends me back to those days. I was young; in my mid 20s. I was optimistic because ignorance is bliss of course. I had a good paying job with a great company (so I thought) and my plan was to climb the company ladder to success. Life was sweet. What ever air freshener that was used in that Bronco is imprinted in my memory. And when I detect that same scent I'm transported to those free and easy days.
I've tried a bunch of different air fresheners and never found the same one. The closest I've come is a combination of NEW CAR and Leather from the Chemical Bros. That is what I use in the RAM. ;)

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I like their line of car air scents.

For years I've been trying to find the air freshener used in the first nice 4x4 vehicle I ever owned. That was a '89 Bronco XLT. Loved that trucks style and tan and green two tone paint scheme of that truck but finally had to part with it because it emptied may savings staying broken down so much. But the smell of the interior sends me back to those days. I was young; in my mid 20s. I was optimistic because ignorance is bliss of course. I had a good paying job with a great company (so I thought) and my plan was to climb the company ladder to success. Life was sweet. What ever air freshener that was used in that Bronco is imprinted in my memory. And when I detect that same scent I'm transported to those free and easy days.
I've tried a bunch of different air fresheners and never found the same one. The closest I've come is a combination of NEW CAR and Leather from the Chemical Bros. That is what I use in the RAM. ;)
I went with watermelon. I really like their stuff. Its top notch.

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
If i hadnt read your post, I wouldn't have ever thought of it.

Socalramfan

Supporting Member
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Big Horn
Engine

Washing:

2 Home Depot buckets
1 chemical guys strainer

Detailing Exterior:
Waxes:

Interior:

Wheels and Tires:

Personally I like gunk.

Black trim restorer:

Odor Eliminator:
Chemical Guys has tons:

Vacuum:

Microfiber towls:

Tire shine applicator:
Chemical guys

Wax Applicator by hand:
I like Adams.

View attachment 249116

View attachment 249117

View attachment 249118

I'll add a few things as well.....

Washing:

1. Don't wash the wheels and body with the same buckets !!! Big advocate of the (2) bucket method. Wash wheel/tires first, then after rinsing start with a fresh buckets for the body.

Drying:

1. The less times you touch the paint.... the better, but if you have to make sure its with a soft and CLEAN microfiber towel.

2. I swear by Metrovac's Master Blaster for blow drying the car / truck. As you blow dry it, have a microfiber towel handy to do spot wipes as wel. There is a method, and flow on how to do it best, but you'll figure that out. (ie: top-bottom, front to back) Been using their products for years. Their Metro Vac Vacuum is amazing as well. :waytogo: