Recovery tracks (MaxTrax, X-Bull, TRED 4x4, etc.)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MidwestExpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7L
There's quite a bit of information about these online. I'm curious to hear some feedback from RAM owners on them please. Who's got them and has experience using them? Are the more expensive brands worth the extra cost? Anyone have good storage/mounting positions for them on their RAM? Would just 1 pair typically get the job done or would having 4 of them be worth the money?

buddy guy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
My boss and his dad have these. Boss's dad has an f350 and my boss has a ram 1500. they do a LOT of going off the beaten path in hunting season in the fall and winter and get in some serious mud and icy mud. He swears by these:

https://www.tracgrabber.com/shop/

you go slow but they get you out of pretty much anything.

revitupmoto33

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel
After looking at tons of reviews I went with the Maxtrax. Not 2 days after purchase I had to use them when I drove into a sinkhole, was very surprised how well they worked. Yes there all lots of cheaper versions out there but I wanted ones that would last and could always count on. Only have 1 set right now but plan on buying a 2nd set eventually. Have mounting points on the roof rack and on my swingout rack but usually just leave them inside the shell.

IMG_6108.JPG

IMG_E6097.JPG

IMG_6098.JPG

IMG_E6099.JPG

revitupmoto33

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel
My boss and his dad have these. Boss's dad has an f350 and my boss has a ram 1500. they do a LOT of going off the beaten path in hunting season in the fall and winter and get in some serious mud and icy mud. He swears by these:

Love the Trac Grabber concept. Have used 2" Ratchet straps in the past, just make sure you have enough clearance to run those

OP
OP
MidwestExpress

MidwestExpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7L

Interesting. Those would be much easier to store in/on the truck than the tracks. Clearly, keeping the tires straight and going slow would be a must with those on. I'd be more concerned about damaging the truck with those than with the tracks, but the storage solution makes these an intriguing option.

buddy guy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
yep, i agree with the post about making sure you have clearance but i that's not an issue I think they are a good portable option. ps- My boss had them for his stock f150 fx4 i believe and his 2018 outdoorsman is stock 17 wheels and the rubber that goes with them as well and he hasn't had an issue using them

Friednice

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L hemispherical combustion chamber
Always got the arb tread pro traction mats in my truck. Used at least 7-8 times. there awesome. Impressed with the amount they flex and hold up. When im stuck and spining tires I always go for them before the winch. not to mention ive high centred a few times just placed them under the tire and i was set.

Cheers