Red light in cell phone slot

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

vasi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Under the center display, there is a slot for cell phone or iPad.

When a cell phone is in the slot a half-moon shaped light flashes red.

I tried to find in the manual a description of that light, and was unable to do so.

What is the significance is that light?

RugbyRef

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L H.O.
Not sure what the red light is for, but normally it will turn blue while charging and then green when it is fully charged. It's called the Qi Wireless Charging Pad.

Edit - just looked it up and the manufacturer says that the light will flash red when the phone placed in the charging bay is NOT Qi compatible. Not sure how you're supposed to determine that, however.

Last edited:

Mike R

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Also flashes red if phone is compatible but not placed in proper position. Move it to the right just a bit and it will turn blue.

OP
OP
vasi

vasi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Not sure what the red light is for, but normally it will turn blue while charging and then green when it is fully charged. It's called the Qi Wireless Charging Pad.

Edit - just looked it up and the manufacturer says that the light will flash red when the phone placed in the charging bay is NOT Qi compatible. Not sure how you're supposed to determine that, however.

Thank you for this information. Hard to keep up with technology, without spending money. Now I want a cell phone with wireless charging

OP
OP
vasi

vasi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Also flashes red if phone is compatible but not placed in proper position. Move it to the right just a bit and it will turn blue.

I will try this, however, my iPhone 6 is several years old

Damion

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Word of caution, wireless charging is addictive. You'll want everything to charge wireless, I can't remember the last time I had a wire plugged into my phone.

OP
OP
vasi

vasi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Word of caution, wireless charging is addictive. You'll want everything to charge wireless, I can't remember the last time I had a wire plugged into my phone.

Perhaps, since I don't want ti spend the money on a new phone, I should tape over the red light.

Timeless

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Since I use Carplay it has to be plugged in anyways...so wireless charging for now is worthless.

kbrown

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

runamuck

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 dsl
Thank you for this information. Hard to keep up with technology, without spending money. Now I want a cell phone with wireless charging

android phones like my s-6 active have had wireless charging for years. it was nice to just toss phone on the console of my '17 sierra and it starts charging..more of a hassle in my ram.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amdwilsns01