Red Line Pro Series or High Performance

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dakotanut

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
205 Ram 1500 Crew cab with 5.7 L Hemi. I have had 2 oil changes since the "Hemi Tick" repair and want to go with Red Line. The place that did the work wanted 2 oil changes for the warranty. So, now I get to change it. I've got to drive this truck until my Mustang gets fixed. Which Red Line series do I go with? Are they all the same as far as the make up to protect my lifters and cam? Is the high performance the only ester based product? Do I need to add anything else to it like the Lub Guard? Thanks. Need to get this ordered soon so I can change it.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Professional series is junk, sad that redline put their name on it, but we all understand, phillips bought the company and can do what they want, even rebrand phillips oil and slap a high price tag on it. High Performance series only, the only one with pao/esters/high moly/ high zinc. It says pao on pro series, it's a fib imo plus no moly. This product line came into existance when phiilips added it for spec oils, manu friendly formula. Kind of like amsoil lesser brand then ss.

1979PowerWagon360

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 TRX
Engine
Dakotanut, what oil were you using before?

I ordered (on back order) the 20-820 filter. I have time since I did oil change 800 miles ago. Hope they catch up soon with manufacturing.

OP
OP
dakotanut

dakotanut

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Dakotanut, what oil were you using before?

I ordered (on back order) the 20-820 filter. I have time since I did oil change 800 miles ago. Hope they catch up soon with manufacturing.
I used Mobil one in it since I've owned it. Use it in my Mustang 3 valve engine. Switched back to Motorcraft Synthetic on the 3 valve. Idk what the shop put in. Think it was Valvoline. They did the oil after rebuild and then the oil change. Now I want to use the Ester based oil. Not gonna spend that money again I hope.