RedLine Engine Knock

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ribtipram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
PYB and PUP 5-20 acted exactly the same as that on my truck. Maybe 3K miles on my oil, but yeah the engine overall started to sound noisier.

I suppose if we all just stick to the old school 3K mile OCI, we can probably get away with anything. But even if its not Redline-expensive, I hate tossing good oil at 3K miles.
Me to. I put on about 480 miles a week just for work. Thats an oci of 8.5 weeks. Im gonna do i this year and see the results.

HammerHead

USMC 0313
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 4Runner
Engine
So what i noticed. I have tried mobil 1 0w40 and redline 0w40. Mobil 1 filter and a rp filter. They both worked great up untill just over 4k on the oil. Then i get the start up clatter for a couple sec's after a cold start. So then it dawned on me that i never ran pup 0w40 i got the truck used with 30k on it with a freash dealer change. I got some pup to try with a mopar filter. Maybe changing oil at 4 to 5k is going to be my thing. I'll post back my results. But it seems to me that when my oil life is around 50% i start getting the clatter again.
Yep me too, my 6.4 gets noisy between 4K-5k miles and that’s when I change it.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmcquinn