Redline/RP Filter Before and After

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HEMIMANN

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 2500 Laramie Crew Cab
Engine
6.4L HEMI
GM's latest issues are pushrods now.Apparently they switched suppliers and now the 6.2 GMs are bending pushrods fairly often.The local GM dealer is stocking pushrods by the case according to my parts guy connection over there.

Yet another episode of cheap = good

or

Engineers be damned

Lived that dream far too long. Still twitch each time I read another incident.

Dusty

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
So since wix is mopar, should fca have got off that smaller filter in the first place? Ram dealers have to know about this issue, fca didnt do nada in research - they "thought" they could just go smaller with no consequence. Which, I don't particularly blame them for. I mean how many people would think just moving to a smaller filter could cause such a ish storm? What I blame them for is not making a correction once it was revealed, even the filter companies are making corrections, lol? Amsoil to their credit said don't use the smaller filter in amsoil, but then recommended the small wix, lol? No, that shouldn't have been amsoil's statement, they should have said just use our ea e011, but amsoil just punted the issue and said use something else, don't really blame them either. These hemi lubrication systems are so finicky seams like everyone wants to just punt the issue, leave it to the owners to figure it out.
I've been looking into who makes Mopar oil filters, and as far as I can tell Purolator, Champion Labs, and Wix are OEM suppliers. Who determined that the filters that fit Hemi's are Wix?

Regards,
Dusty
2019 Ram 1500 Billet Silver Quad Cab 2WD, 5.7 Hemi, 8HP75, 3.21 axle, 33-gallon fuel tank, factory dual exhaust, 18” wheels. Build date: 3 June 2018. Now at 75208 miles

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
It was posted in oil filter thread with proof as far as codes and numbers on filters a few pages back, pictures of clone filters next to each other. If you have some proof of what you say, oil filter thread is a good place to post that proof, it is welcome information.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Also, I'm not sure if we should care about who makes mopar filters in general, but actually who makes srt filters? If you use paper mopar filters, you probably don't follow ideas other then just towing the manu line, as in I trust the name blindly type of thing.

2020PW

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Lol you guys still falling for the snake oil. Go ahead and add some “Slick 50” while your at it, it does wonders.

Dusty

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
It was posted in oil filter thread with proof as far as codes and numbers on filters a few pages back, pictures of clone filters next to each other. If you have some proof of what you say, oil filter thread is a good place to post that proof, it is welcome information.

Regards,
Dusty
2019 Ram 1500 Billet Silver Quad Cab 2WD, 5.7 Hemi, 8HP75, 3.21 axle, 33-gallon fuel tank, factory dual exhaust, 18” wheels. Build date: 3 June 2018. Now at 75208 miles

lAWROSA

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
0w-40 oil # is too far away and has more additives. That oil turns to a 20 w in no time. keep it closer like a 5w30. And IMO you guys getting the higher oil pressures are just causing more restrictions in the engine. Probably causing more damage. Just the facts on high oil pressures around the 60psi range. Wait till winter start ups. I bet yall be up in the 150;s

Dusty

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
0w-40 oil # is too far away and has more additives. That oil turns to a 20 w in no time. keep it closer like a 5w30. And IMO you guys getting the higher oil pressures are just causing more restrictions in the engine. Probably causing more damage. Just the facts on high oil pressures around the 60psi range. Wait till winter start ups. I bet yall be up in the 150;s
Automotive Science 101:
Viscosity = resistance to flow

Regards,
Dusty
2019 Ram 1500 Billet Silver Quad Cab 2WD, 5.7 Hemi, 8HP75, 3.21 axle, 33-gallon fuel tank, factory dual exhaust, 18” wheels. Build date: 3 June 2018. Now at 75219 miles