Refugee from Allpar

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

scrounge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Greetings, or if you're from Texas, Howdy, how y'all doin'? I bought a 1999 Dodge Ram 1500 Laramie SLT 318 with roughly 285K miles about 2.5 years ago for $1200. It needed work, most of which I've done: it has a current problem that I've yet to diagnose, which I'll try to post somewhere in the 2-gen section, but it's generally been reliable, and I've put about 97K on it. It replaced a 1992 Dakota, which consistently needed work. The Dakota replaced a 1984 Ram D100, which I liked, but after gas was spiked with ethanol, its gas mileage was horrible, and it often stalled at intersections in hot weather.

I'd been posting to Allpar, but they were bought by VerticalScope, which insisted on making the site more complicated and less responsive to its users. They also removed the news content from the home page, and replaced with the generic forum that they use on all of their sites. And their sponsored links aren't Mopar-related. So please, don't sell this site to VerticalScope.

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
welcome!!

OP
OP
S

scrounge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thank you for the welcomes. I should have added that the truck is a white quad cab with a regular bed. It has a sprayed-on bed liner, which I don't like; I bought a bed pad from a junkyard, and a cheap, ugly camper shell through a craigslist ad. I'll junk the shell if I find a better one, but I'll keep the clamps.

Agreed, I used to really like Allpar, but I rarely look at it any more. Only when someone links an article or thread that might be interesting, and I wish said links were posted elsewhere.

OP
OP
S

scrounge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Here's the thread on the stalling problem:

Harley Harrold

USAF Ret. 36+ years service
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
:biggun: :party36::welcome::party36:I grew up in Houston, Texas, l live in Mississippi now.
2.JPG