Regeneration on straight pipe exhaust

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rajman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L
I have recently done several upgrades to my 2011 ram 2500 diesel. I completely replaced the exhaust from the turbo back, eliminating the exhaust filter and cat. I also did a egr and throttle valve delete, installed a new cold air intake and installed a predator 2 tuner. My problem is that it now reads regeneration required. How do I get around this as the sensors are no longer plugged in to read particultes. I have seen these exact upgrades on youtube but they never say what to do with the sensors or what to do when a regeneration is needed. The tuner will not delete these codes. I'm sure it's because I eliminated the filter and cat. Please help as I can't drive it.

mtnrider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
You need a tuner that can disable those codes/faults. No other way around it.

Edit: Don't know much about that tuner but just took a quick glance. It doesn't look like it is made for "deleting" so you may have to put all the stuff back on.

Last edited:

chri5k

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel
Looked at the Predator 2 and it says it does not allow for custom tunes and is 50 state compliant so it probably won't do what you need. You will need something like a RaceME Ultra, EFI Live or MM3 with a delete tune to get rid of the codes and drive the truck. Or put all the emissions tuff back on if you want to keep the Predator.