Help Support Ram Forum by donating:

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Regeneration on straight pipe exhaust

Discussion in 'Engine and Performance' started by Rajman, May 5, 2020.

Sponsored By: Moe's Performance
  1. Rajman

Rajman Junior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    6.7L
    I have recently done several upgrades to my 2011 ram 2500 diesel. I completely replaced the exhaust from the turbo back, eliminating the exhaust filter and cat. I also did a egr and throttle valve delete, installed a new cold air intake and installed a predator 2 tuner. My problem is that it now reads regeneration required. How do I get around this as the sensors are no longer plugged in to read particultes. I have seen these exact upgrades on youtube but they never say what to do with the sensors or what to do when a regeneration is needed. The tuner will not delete these codes. I'm sure it's because I eliminated the filter and cat. Please help as I can't drive it.

2. mtnrider

mtnrider Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    6.7 Cummins
    You need a tuner that can disable those codes/faults. No other way around it.

Edit: Don't know much about that tuner but just took a quick glance. It doesn't look like it is made for "deleting" so you may have to put all the stuff back on.

Last edited: May 5, 2020
    tidefan1967 likes this.
  3. chri5k

chri5k Senior Member Supporting Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Diesel
    Looked at the Predator 2 and it says it does not allow for custom tunes and is 50 state compliant so it probably won't do what you need. You will need something like a RaceME Ultra, EFI Live or MM3 with a delete tune to get rid of the codes and drive the truck. Or put all the emissions tuff back on if you want to keep the Predator.

tidefan1967 likes this.