Regular Cab side steps... lets see what you got!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Since i have my new wheels/tires coming, and ill be getting a nice MaxTrac lift kit from Nick, i want to ditch my ugly horrible black tubular step bars for some better looking ones. The problem is, there is like NO options out there for Regular Cab trucks. Ive only seen about 5 different styles compared to the 75-100 different styles for the 4dr trucks.

If you have a RC 4th Gen, can you please post up pics of your side steps as i am trying to see all my options before i make a final decision.

So far ive narrowed my selection down to these two options:

iArmor Aluminum Side Steps Armor Fit 09-18 Dodge Ram 1500 2500 3500 Regular Cab (https://www.ebay.com/itm/352301240386)
s-l1600.jpgs-l1600.jpg

Aluminum Drop Down Steps Armor For 09-18 Dodge Ram 1500 2500 3500 Regular Cab (https://www.ebay.com/itm/265109019488)

s-l1600.jpgs-l1600.jpgs-l1600.jpgs-l1600.jpg

2012RAM1500RT

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Rockingham Day.jpg I know you've most likely seen a blue million of these but showing them anyway like you ask. I have them on there for my wife, I'm not crazy about steps! lol

OP
OP
OnSale

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
View attachment 245341 I know you've most likely seen a blue million of these but showing them anyway like you ask. I have them on there for my wife, I'm not crazy about steps! lol

I have those exact same ones on my truck except mine are all black. Thanks for posting the pic.

smoothee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I had same problem so went with Amp steps cut to size. Pricey I know but 9 years going strong (knock on wood). Sorry no pics at the moment as I'm away working. But I love em!

kurek

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I had the Mopar ones for a while. Fit was good, obviously but steps sort of have that problem where they either stick out far enough to be good as a step or they are tight enough to not become a burden on rough terrain and then you can't really use them as a step.

The Mopar ones were kinda worst of both worlds and I do drive on difficult terrain sometimes, so they came off.

Don't have a good photo but here's a bad one of how they look.

IMG_20160621_124338.jpg

bigred90gt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Not a Ram, but on my RCSB F150 I had Carr Hoop 2 steps. They were small enough that they weren’t overly obvious, but very sturdy. I was quite portly at around 280ish, and they held me no problem.

https://www.carr.com/product/the-hoop-ii/

078BD8EB-3D8F-4640-B54E-8FE848949A07.jpeg

OP
OP
OnSale

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I had same problem so went with Amp steps cut to size. Pricey I know but 9 years going strong (knock on wood). Sorry no pics at the moment as I'm away working. But I love em!

Amp cut to size? So you bought Amp steps for the quad cab and cut them? Id love to see how that turned out.

I had the Mopar ones for a while. Fit was good, obviously but steps sort of have that problem where they either stick out far enough to be good as a step or they are tight enough to not become a burden on rough terrain and then you can't really use them as a step.

The Mopar ones were kinda worst of both worlds and I do drive on difficult terrain sometimes, so they came off.

Don't have a good photo but here's a bad one of how they look.

View attachment 245384

Yea, those are the plain jane OEM style flat board ones... i am definitely not interested in them.

Factory option..425fd6b32ed4b37c167b585bd9be3340.jpg

Sent from my SM-A516U using Tapatalk

To be honest with you, your photo is so small and so grainy, i cant even make out your step bars lol they LOOK like they might be chrome round style, which is the most common style for 4th gen reg cabs.

Not a Ram, but on my RCSB F150 I had Carr Hoop 2 steps. They were small enough that they weren’t overly obvious, but very sturdy. I was quite portly at around 280ish, and they held me no problem.

https://www.carr.com/product/the-hoop-ii/

View attachment 245416

Thanks for your input, but this post was meant to see 4th gen Ram Regular Cab step bars / nerf bars to get an idea of the options out there. The ones you posted are not available for the Ram.

Anyways, i ended up buying these about 25 minutes ago. Got the last set the seller had, next cheapest set on ebay was $80 more so i feel as if i saved some money there.

yimg.com%2Fimages%2Fg%2FHY8AAOSwDQVgQokn%2Fs-l1600.png
yimg.com%2Fimages%2Fg%2FXaIAAOSwdPJgQokn%2Fs-l1600.png

My truck should look pretty similar to the red one above, except ill have pocket style fender flares, huge wide black and red wheels, and either the 4.5"/3" MaxTrac Lift Kit with Fox 2.0 Shocks, or the 7" MaxTrac Lift Kit with Fox 2.0 Shocks... haven't decided which one i want, leaning towards the 7" one since earlier today.

smoothee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Amp cut to size? So you bought Amp steps for the quad cab and cut them? Id love to see how that turned out.

Yeah that's right, took the chop saw to them and good to go. Turned out perfect, especially after the end caps were put back on. I can get a pic next week, but I see you already went ahead and ordered anyway lol

bigred90gt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi

Thanks for your input, but this post was meant to see 4th gen Ram Regular Cab step bars / nerf bars to get an idea of the options out there. The ones you posted are not available for the Ram.
I didn’t even look to see if they were available for a Ram, I assumed they would be.

OP
OP
OnSale

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Yeah that's right, took the chop saw to them and good to go. Turned out perfect, especially after the end caps were put back on. I can get a pic next week, but I see you already went ahead and ordered anyway lol

Well i can always cancel/return them... i just assumed Amp Steps were flat out never an option. I am definitely intrigued and want to see/know more. Please post pics asap. Thanks.

OP
OP
OnSale

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I didn’t even look to see if they were available for a Ram, I assumed they would be.

Its cool, i spent a few hours searching all over google, ebay, amazon, etc for all the available step bars for RC Rams and never once saw them available for the Ram. Thanks for helping out with pics, appreciate it bud.

sped68

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well i can always cancel/return them... i just assumed Amp Steps were flat out never an option. I am definitely intrigued and want to see/know more. Please post pics asap. Thanks.
Here’s my regular cab with the Amp steps. They came on the truck when I bought them but the extra drop they offer over all stationary boards pays for itself very quickly. Not to mention the much cleaner appearance on the regular cab when retracted.

A1861BC3-404E-4655-96CF-34977E97A360.jpeg

531BF913-A43E-4581-B127-CD9ADA4D6884.jpeg

48E34B68-9610-41CF-97FE-F732E1D374AC.jpeg

8A993851-FD6A-449A-8B93-D6B76927D5C0.jpeg

OP
OP
OnSale

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Here’s my regular cab with the Amp steps. They came on the truck when I bought them but the extra drop they offer over all stationary boards pays for itself very quickly. Not to mention the much cleaner appearance on the regular cab when retracted.

View attachment 245434

View attachment 245435

View attachment 245436

View attachment 245437

Wow... that looks really nice hidden up under the truck! So, let me ask you this. What exact year and model truck did you enter to get the model of amp steps you got? Also, was there not a 3rd or 4th mounting point along the steps that was cut off? Would that not affect its strength? If you don’t mind me asking, how much do you weight? I am curious if cutting off a support beam would cause an imbalance in weight distribution and potentially break when leaning on it one day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
OnSale

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I also found a new Make/Step from Tiger. They appear to be very hard to find online, with CarId marking them as “coming soon - ships on 5/20/21” but I was able to find them on Amazon, not by searching regular cab steps but only by searching the part number ( TG-AM2D21078 ).

IMG_4674.JPEG IMG_4675.JPEG sIMG_4676.PNG

I am canceling my order on ebay for the iArmor ones and definitely ordering these Tyger ones, they are without a doubt WAY nicer looking then the iArmor ones which i only bought because they seemed to be the best looking ones i could find at the time.

sped68

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Wow... that looks really nice hidden up under the truck! So, let me ask you this. What exact year and model truck did you enter to get the model of amp steps you got? Also, was there not a 3rd or 4th mounting point along the steps that was cut off? Would that not affect its strength? If you don’t mind me asking, how much do you weight? I am curious if cutting off a support beam would cause an imbalance in weight distribution and potentially break when leaning on it one day.

These were on the truck when I bought it but I believe they use the same kit for the quad cab. You just need to cut them down. With either setup they only mount in two spots so you could argue these would be more sturdy because they mount close to the ends in the stock running board mount location. My truck is a 2015. I’m about 215lbs and these feel very sturdy. If you don’t clean your truck regularly and extend these out to clean as well I think you’d end up with issues.

OP
OP
OnSale

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
These were on the truck when I bought it but I believe they use the same kit for the quad cab. You just need to cut them down. With either setup they only mount in two spots so you could argue these would be more sturdy because they mount close to the ends in the stock running board mount location. My truck is a 2015. I’m about 215lbs and these feel very sturdy. If you don’t clean your truck regularly and extend these out to clean as well I think you’d end up with issues.

What do you mean there would be issues if you extended them out to clean them?

sped68

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If you didn’t extend them out while cleaning....
If you’re in muddy or snowy conditions they can end up with a buildup dirt or ice in and around the mounts and arms that extend, as well as where they tuck up against the bottom of the rocker panel.

Ready Freddy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
2016 - Original purchaser had dealer install the fact-tree versions along with a rec-port tow hitch and a power driver's seat upgrade.

IMG_1778.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eddo