Remote Start 2013 one flash then disabled

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
13bighorn1500

13bighorn1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
They have worked that way for years but that had nothing to do with the issue the OP had. Reading the thread makes it very clear what the cause of the failure to remote start in the morning was, low battery voltage.
Jawzs2 answered my question of time out between tries on remote start, as truck has plenty of voltage during daytime to start and the parasitic draw stopped.

Thanks

OP
OP
13bighorn1500

13bighorn1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Didn't catch that. Sorry.
Remote start is working good now, 36 degrees and snow covered truck, remote start activated perfect.
After connecting a new backup camera wire harness, the backup camera works good and it stopped the drain on battery. Once weather is better or I can park in garage, I then can replace faulty wire with new one and examine it to see if there are any visual damage to it.
Glad it was something simple, just extra work!

Thanks!

RodRamCar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Longhorn
Engine
5.7 4x4 w/ 3.92s
I know that if you open your hood, the next time you try and remote start it, it will have you do a manual start the first time then every time thereafter you can remote start ituntil the next time you open your hood. Also, i learned that LED lights can interfere with communication of the HomeLink when first setting it up with a new garage.