Remote start and smartphone install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RamGalaxie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Just wanted to point out an easy option for those that want to add remote start and smartphone with GPS capabilities for those that want to warm the truck this winter! I am not an electrical engineer by any stretch of the imagination so if I can do this anyone can.

I purchased the Warm Car Now Evo-all for about 170 bucks Amazon and MyCar phone app controller on Ebay for 130. 300 total investment. And about 2 hours labor / trial and error.

I can start the truck with fob by pressing lock 3 times or I can remote start, turn off, lock, unlock the truck from anywhere in the world as long as both cell and truck have cell signal. In addition it has GPS capabilities that will locate the truck anywhere.

I am not doing the install instructions as the seller does a great job in the video below

My Car smartphone controller install video.

I'm telling you this install was super easy 4 wires with positap connectors included. 3 on the trailer break harness, 1 on the light switch harness and a t connector between the modual and ignition switch.

And the MyCar smartphone app was literally plug and play into the Evo modual wire harness.

The GPS smartphone controller is free first year and is like 30 bucks a year after that. But worth it to me as it tells me if truck is started, where it is located, and lock & unlock.

Did a ton of research on this and hope this saves someone some time.

Last thing I did the install on Sunday morning about 9am and the tech support guy texted me back with answers to questions within Minutes..

Last last thing.. You can also add a long range fob if the smart phone app is not your thing for about 100 bucks too..

20210209_200756.jpg

20210207_133150.jpg

20210207_133141.jpg

Screenshot_20210209-201146_Linkr LT.jpg

Screenshot_20210209-201215_Linkr LT.jpg

Mil81

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L
I can't believe more people haven't commented on this. For us unlucky folk in Canada where Uconnect isn't an option, this is beautiful!!! Going to a shop I was looking at spending around $700cad. This should be less than half that price.

Thank you very much for the input, I was not finding this information on my own.

Chief1999

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 diesel
Great info! Thanks for posting. I was looking for information like this for my 2010.

Thank you