Remote start issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ACMX

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Just picked up a new 2019 ram 5.7 quad 4x4 with night package, pretty basic truck really. Trying to ad a remote start to the truck. Ordered kit PN 82215050, installed hood latch switch assy and harness as per instructions, took the truck to the dealer for system activation and fob programming. Dealer tech is unable to make the system operational...I’m being told instructions were followed. The fobs lock/unlock, hood latch switch operation verified, and the truck will not remote start. When the start switch is pressed the gauge cluster and display illuminates but that’s it, no marker lights, no crank, no display faults indicated. Seems the tech is lost and cannot find the fault. He did say the remote start antenna test is failed, now waiting for part to arrive which he says is located above the headliner therefor he doesn’t want to pull it drown without a new part in hand. Since the cluster illuminates when the switch is pressed, it is communicating so I’m sceptical...Does anyone have experience with installing/activating the mopar remote start and/or can offer any suggestions to help isolate the fault?

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
Is your truck a classic or new body style? There is no remote antenna, it's part of the rf hub so that's why the test failed. How long ago was it installed?

Try disconnecting the battery for a few minutes then take it for a short drive then turn the truck on and off again. Then try the remote start.

It's possible that the programming didn't take. I've had that happen before

If anyone around you has a 2018 2500 (I believe uses the same security bypass cable) with alphaobd and the security bypass harness they should be able to check the programming

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
A

ACMX

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Sorry forgot to mention, it’s the 1500 classic and also in the settings there is a a selection for horn with remote start which I don’t think as there before. The work was done a few days ago so the truck has been driven several times since and still no luck. I will try the battery disconnect however I suspect the tech did so already as the clock needed to be reset. I don’t know anyone who has the alphaobd unfortunately. I suspect the dealer hasn’t done this before as they seem a little stumped, I guess when I take it back I hope it’ll be a different tech who gives it another go...

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
Have them double check the ground and pin 11 on c1. Although I suspect it's programming that they either didn't do it right or it didn't stay. I had the same issue on my 2018 when I installed the factory remote start. I love triple checked everything went through the programming with alphaobd and it would do the same thing as yours. Ran to the store and back tried it again for ***** and giggles and it worked

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
A

ACMX

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
He said he checked the signal at pin 11 and I did as well at home, showing 1k ohms with hood closed. There’s a caution at the beginning of the instruction which says to wait 1/2 hour between adding XBM sales code and installing RFHM module? This module is not removed or replaced in the instructions?

Brad360

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
did you ever resolve this mine does the same stuff

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1Popeye