Remote Start & Uconnect App not working after installed (Ramcares)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tony_2500

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Longhorn Limited
Engine
***UPDATE***
Yesterday Ramcares told me I need to update to software 39.6 for this to work. Then today I got an email from Uconnect and they state the following:

I am emailing you today to advise you that since the remote start was put on the vehicle after it was sold that the remote start option would not be able to be added to the uconnect app.

Best Wishes
Ram Customer Care

So at this point I guess I will be installing a Viper soon. The range on the fob sucks - half the time I cant even start in my own house from a window looking at the truck. If anyone has any suggestions on a remote start with app and longer range let me know please....

Hi All - I know this has been a topic before in the past with adding remote start and not being able to use the Uconnect app. I have factory remote start added to truck after it was built and was told it would work. I even paid a year up front for Sirius Guardian. I live in an extreme at times climate (North Dakota - 30 mins from the Canadian border) and would like to have this capability.

I ended up canceling Guardian because they told me it wouldn't work. Fast forward to a few weeks ago and I saw a post where someone else was in this same situation and somehow was able to get it to appear on the app but he has gone quiet and also stated he wasn't sure how it got fixed.

I left a review on the Apple App store for the app and quickly got a developer reply that states "Thanks for reaching out to us and we apologize that this was your experience. We could get the remote start added to your app as long as it is a Mopar remote start kit. If you have any additional questions please email us at [email protected]".

So I have emailed that address a few times and no response at all. I called Guardian and re-activated my account and paid for one month and when I was reactivating the rep said oh ya it will work now. He was wrong. So I called back and spoke to another person who then had me call 855-600-1669 and that person said to call 877-855-8400 Option 9 and that person said to call FCA Ram Cares after she opened a ticket up - I called them to and their blanket typical response was "take it to the dealer".

Last edited:

Rods Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Laramie Crew
Engine
5.7 L V8 Hemi
Hi all, you won’t believe this but I got on the Uconnect app today just a little bit ago, and the remote start feature was showing up on the app!!! See attached pic. I was one of those that had remote start installed at the dealer when I bought my truck and it was not showing up on the app. Don’t let Uconnect kid you and saying it can’t be added on the app! Well I am proof that they can do it. All you have to do is make sure they open a ticket with the software group and you get the ticket number. Now this didn’t happen overnight so be patient. But it can be done! Yay! Anyway, just wanted to let everyone know the good news!

Attachments​

• 481172-79d333a620e2c2ae0c1f0c1a79147a81.png

RedEye

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L Pentastar
You put in a ticket with uConnect, Sirius Guardian or the dealership?

RedEye

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L Pentastar
Hi all, you won’t believe this but I got on the Uconnect app today just a little bit ago, and the remote start feature was showing up on the app!!! See attached pic. I was one of those that had remote start installed at the dealer when I bought my truck and it was not showing up on the app. Don’t let Uconnect kid you and saying it can’t be added on the app! Well I am proof that they can do it. All you have to do is make sure they open a ticket with the software group and you get the ticket number. Now this didn’t happen overnight so be patient. But it can be done! Yay! Anyway, just wanted to let everyone know the good news!

Attachments​

Hey Rods Ram, you put in a ticket with uConnect, Sirius Guardian or the dealership?

c69ss396

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hey Rods Ram, you put in a ticket with uConnect, Sirius Guardian or the dealership?
Thanks to this I contacted Sirius Guardian for my 2023 classic and after a bunch of back and forth with the lady saying it can't be done. I told her to just submit a software support ticket saying I have dealer installed remote start and I want it on my app. She finally agrees and less then 24hr I got my remote start on the app and website dashboard.

RedEye

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L Pentastar
Thanks. I contacted Sirius support as well yesterday and after explaining my issue, dealer installed remote starter asked them to submit a ticket. They did and today I can start it with the app. Appreciate the help

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240128-074406.png
    Screenshot_20240128-074406.png
    400.1 KB · Views: 4