Removal of Remote Starter

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

THRobinson

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7l
Have a few random start/electrical issues with the truck and trying to sort them out. Took the battery out today and decided to figure out the "mystery wires".

At the "-" terminal, there is a cable with 2 wires coming out. 1 wire attached at the terminal and one has a spade terminal, coiled wire and has never been attached to anything since I got the truck (used). The cable goes through the firewall. I looked inside and seems it's part of the remote starter that has never worked because remote smashed.

I would like to remove it, but all I can find is the quick install guide and I'm not sure how to reverse it.

I had hoped it was a simple deal like, unplug from either side, remove module, and plug the two ends together but.. not looking that way.

Also not looking like a simple cut both red wires and solder together either, because for example, in the diagram I see 3 purple wires.

Doesn't work, possibly source of random start issues... any advice? The device looks sloppily installed above the brake pedal.

Oliver Closehauf

Reaction score
Ram Year
2005 Laramie
Engine
Cummins 5.9
Have you tried simply unplugging it? It might not be wired "in between" anything. Try unplugging it and see what still works.

OP
OP
THRobinson

THRobinson

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7l
Could try that... eventually. Battery died. I tried to run the truck often to keep it from dying and stuff seizing up but guess waited too long. :D

Been trying to charge it overnight but light not green on my charger. Battery only 10 months old, 3yr warranty... may have to exchange.

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VLG6963