Removing the rear view mirror button mount on windshield

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MyTruck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel 6.7
How do you remove the rear view mirror button mount on the windshield when it is in the black "Frit" area of the windshield? I know on a standard windshield without the black "Frit" area, it can be removed by applying heat on the button mount. I am not sure when it is in the black "Frit" area.

Carlo

pitajr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
How do you remove the rear view mirror button mount on the windshield when it is in the black "Frit" area of the windshield? I know on a standard windshield without the black "Frit" area, it can be removed by applying heat on the button mount. I am not sure when it is in the black "Frit" area.

Carlo

Can you please post a photo of what you are concerned about?

noupf

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 CC Sport 6'4 Bed
Engine
5.7 Hemi

Carlo

wtf are you talking about........

ufokillerz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
chances are you will rip a hole onto your windshield trying to remove that button.

adrianp89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Not sure why you want to remove it... but the glue that holds that stuff, I would imagine especially this one is ridiculous.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1Popeye