Removing tow hooks 2021 2500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Airmousam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Hi, searched some..any videos or tips on removing the front tow hooks in my 2021 PW? Getting them powder coated..thanks much!

John Jensen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel
I just removed my 2020 3500 tow hooks, which are the same as yours. Each one has two mounting bolts which are factory tight. I couldn't budge them with a 24" breaker bar or a light impact wrench. Had to use a bigger impact wrench, a tight fit but doable.

Ger those bolts loose and then it's easy-peasy

Billet Bee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7 HOHD
I just removed my 2020 3500 tow hooks, which are the same as yours. Each one has two mounting bolts which are factory tight. I couldn't budge them with a 24" breaker bar or a light impact wrench. Had to use a bigger impact wrench, a tight fit but doable.

Ger those bolts loose and then it's easy-peasy
I agree with John. I was going to take mine off and get painted billet silver to match the rest but man o man i could not budge them babies. I started wondering if they might be tack welded on, lol

lighthawk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
gas 6.4l
I agree with John. I was going to take mine off and get painted billet silver to match the rest but man o man i could not budge them babies. I started wondering if they might be tack welded on, lol
One side is tack welded.

John Jensen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel
Mine were not tack welded. The nuts were the type with a locking tail strap. Fell right out but were difficult to reinstall, had to reshape that tail

Billet Bee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7 HOHD
Mine were not tack welded. The nuts were the type with a locking tail strap. Fell right out but were difficult to reinstall, had to reshape that tail
yeah i was just messing around when i said that so i thought the initial response might just be sarcastic like I was. All I know is I couldn't get them babies to budge no matter how big of a bar I used and didn't have access to an intact

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1Popeye