Replace 2018 Drag link with 68338342AD and need torque specs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Patsarge

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I have ordered a new replacement drag link with the latest update. Truck less than 2 years old with 11k miles and had a loose drag link when serviced last time a year ago.
I need to find the torque specs for the 2019 + draglink replacement. After spending a year plus back and forth with Mopar to replace not weld my dragl link I just ordered one. Some got replacment and all I got was 2 phone calls with promise of replacement and one email then telling me to do it and then go for a maybe getting paid for my expenses. I think my wife and I at over 70 years old dont need to break down on some desert road or trail with only a gps and 2 meter radio to get help due to a recall that is not being taken care of. Its unbelievable that you can put 70k in a truck and not get support from the corperation that sells it to you. I spent a lot of money extra for a service contract good till 2025 from Mopar that prob will only get used to change my oil. So I will be out $300 for a part and an hours work to install it but will be safe. Maybe next week I can forget about my Power Wagon problem and ask myself why I put so much money in my old Rubicon and this for a company that didnt back either one.
I think Ram will prob send me a hat and tell me to shut up. Maybe next time it will be a Ford as Im not so old I dont have at least one new 4x4 in my future.

Last edited:

RAZ175

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4L
Here's the torque chart from the service manual.

OP
OP
Patsarge

Patsarge

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Now is that from the 2019 or newer manual as this is the latest drag link 2019 plus?

crazy jerry

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Maybe next week I can forget about my Power Wagon problem

you may want to reconsider your displeasure for ram and that measly $300 part

since that $300 seems to have put you over the edge and sent you in a direction toward ford. take a day or two or even a few hours and browse around some of the ford forums. ford-trucks seems to be one of the more popular sites (but surely youll see the same stories on all the sites).
as of three months ago there was no less than 61 death wobble threads in the 2017+ section. no thats not a typo, no less than 61. inside those 61 threads are many more people reporting they have death wobble but havent bothered to start their own thread. the real number of threads would easily be in the hundreds no doubt.
how fun does it sound traveling down the interstate at 70mph with three axle camper in tow when death wobble hits. many have reported that exact scenario. remember this is nearly new trucks we're talking about. their own family members have even refused to ride in their new 70k dollar hay wagon.
fords fix: three revisions to a cheap made in china steering stabilizer. the good news, it sounds like ford will replace for free all the trashed front end parts after death wobble tore apart all the joints like a tornado.
once you get your front end replaced and plan your next adventure, you may find your 4x4 isnt working like it should. ya them vacuum hubs seem to be another troubled spot on them superduties. plenty of threads on it. hek its even been said that cold temps can cause the hub grease to stiffen and the vacuum cant over come it. sounds fun, stuck in a blizzard with inoperable 4x4. again this is new trucks we're talking about. the list goes on and on .
$300 out of pocket for the ram draglink sounds like a the bargain of a lifetime compared to the misery youll see in the ford

OP
OP
Patsarge

Patsarge

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Ive done the death wobble at 70 with wife in our Rubicon and it scared the B Jesus out of us and we replaced the track bar to fix that issue. Was a violent but cautious slowdown and went up on jackstands till repaired. I was never ignored by a dealership or mfg and given a run around till we got the Ram. Hey, we love this truck and will wear it out then prob change to whatever vehicle will get us where we want and tow our trailer when not wheeling. Old men wheel too. We have been at it for 41 years now.

Last edited:

crazy jerry

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
best of luck in your ford if you go that direction. im sure ill run across your death wobble thread sooner or later lol. me im staying with ram as i have no doubts its the best truck on the market by a long shot right now and has been for the last 5yrs. the draglink fiasco didnt even amount to a minor inconvenience in my eyes but hey thats just me