Replace window switches with auto up/down

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

glickgan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
HI everyone - first post. Just picked up a beautiful 07 RAM1500 and would like to replace all the window switches with auto up/down versions. Not sure if this is just a switch swap or if more is involved.

Any advice?

Fishstickz

Reaction score
Ram Year
'06, '16
Engine
3.7, 5.7 Hemi
It would be pretty heavily involved. First, I don’t think any 3rd gens had the Auto-Up function, just auto down for the drivers side. At least thats all that I’ve found. (Someone correct me if I’m wrong)

Fortunately, if you were to aquire some Auto-down switches—Not the whole board, just the switches, it may be possible. While the auto switch is a bit beefier, I believe the pins line up the same, meaning you could just take off the old non-auto switches and solder some auto switches in its place AFAIK.

BUT like I said, there’s still definite sizing differences between the two. You would have to do a bit of trimming on the switch bezel to make them fit. You can see on the left that the auto switch has a larger hole
061a51aec3df71a31c8c081ed38ed35d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
G

glickgan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Yep, I thought it was going to me more work than it's worth. Thanks for the reply though.