replaced almost everything, still no brakes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
P

PaulPool89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 V8
yes I bench bled them properly. Just changed the master cylinder again on the off chance I got a deffective one. Still the same issues. And no I did not have my motor running while I bled everything.

Bigtman07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 5.9
Well you shouldn't have to have it running to bleed the brakes. At least I never have and I have super freaking brakes. lol Dude it sounds like there is something super funny going on. I'm almost wondering if there isn't a pin hole in the line somewhere. nay ouf you buddies happen to have some brake line laying around? Run some trial lines to the wheels and see if it fixes the problem. If it does. Welp sounds like new lines are in order.

undgsx-R

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I guess I have never checked but is it possible to have the calipers on the wrong side?

Sent from my iPhone on the fly!!

Enshadowed

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I had this happen once before. I replaced everything, brake booster clear to brand new calipers. Turn out i had a bad hub, caused it toto ride a caliper, killed all my brakes. Replaced the hub, and bingo.

davemal

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 liter
I had the same issue with my 97. I tried a trick I read about and it worked. I opened up all the bleeders and let the truck sit until fluid ran out the bleeders on its own. Then I bled the brakes and have no issue now. This pushed all the excess air out of the lines.

Levi2013

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hi I know this is an old post but I'm having the same issue with my 98 and it's driving me nuts!!! Did u find out what was wrong??? Please let me know thank you..

Kickkem

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.2 318
I have seen the situation where the calipers were on the wrong side and there was no way to bleed them since the bleed screws were down instead of up. Just a thought.

Qweedqwag

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Did you drain the system dry? The ABS system does not like that.

dudeman2009

Reaction score
Ram Year
2001 1500 Sport with enough electrical modifications to make my brain hurt
Engine
Magnum 360
Can we not Necro posts from 2012, please?

Wahrsuul

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Can we not Necro posts from 2012, please?

And yet how many times do you see someone ask a question, only to be told to use the search function? Old posts are likely to come up. Admittedly, doesn't seem to happen on this forum much, but I've been "yelled" at for it on others.

dudeman2009

Reaction score
Ram Year
2001 1500 Sport with enough electrical modifications to make my brain hurt
Engine
Magnum 360
And yet how many times do you see someone ask a question, only to be told to use the search function? Old posts are likely to come up. Admittedly, doesn't seem to happen on this forum much, but I've been "yelled" at for it on others.

Searching isn't an issue, neither is looking for a solution to your problem. But to post a question to diagnose a problem on a post that is 5 years old isn't doing anything beneficial. Even if you have the same problem as described in the post, make a new post and link to the old one.

I see lots of questions that have been asked over and over, I try to never yell or get short with people over it, sometimes I give them the answer, sometimes I tell them to search for it. I've had the same done to me as well. People that are jerks about it, dont help anyone though.