Replaced fog lights, one not working now...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Steve Cloud

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Okay, my fog lights on my 2016 Big Horn were getting "bouncy" and upon inspection, the adjustment holes were worn out. So, ordered a replacement set, installed them without any issues, and now the passenger side is not working.

Yes, both were working before I did the install. Did not remove any wiring, other than unplugging the lamps from each side. Tried different bulbs, including the original. No dice. I'm wondering if I'm going to have to replace the wiring harness that powers both lights. Anyone else run into this problem?

Thanks.

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I don’t see how the harness would be the issue.

Are the bulbs LED?

KC Cryptkeeper

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram1500
Engine
5.7 Hemi
The best way is to get a voltage tester and check the plug in for voltage. My guess is that it may have some corrosion inside, a pin is loose, damaged or the wire is broken or pulled out of the plug while you unplugged it. The location of the lights and plug get a lot of road rash thrown on them over time. A can of contact cleaner sprayed into the plug might help if you see corrosion in the plug.

IRSmart

I drink and I know things
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4L Hemi
I started having intermittent issues with my fogs. Discovered the harness was not water tight on the back and caused the connections to corrode. I soldered in new connectors and sealed them up, no issues since.

OP
OP
Steve Cloud

Steve Cloud

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
The best way is to get a voltage tester and check the plug in for voltage. My guess is that it may have some corrosion inside, a pin is loose, damaged or the wire is broken or pulled out of the plug while you unplugged it. The location of the lights and plug get a lot of road rash thrown on them over time. A can of contact cleaner sprayed into the plug might help if you see corrosion in the plug.

I looked at that,and yes... I think that might be the culprit. Will spray some contact cleaner in there and see if I can clean it out a bit.

Blazerman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hello together,

i have a foglight problem too.
I´ve changed nothing but the passenger side is not working anymore.
I´ve tried to change the bulb without success.

AlphaOBD shows the errorcode B16FD /

voltage in the control circuit right fog lamp too high (Translated from german to english with google translater)

Did anybody knows this problem or can help / have an solution?

Sorry for my english and best regards from Germany

Screenshot_20190911-181058_AlfaOBD[1].jpg

Blazerman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Solved,

broken cable at the splitting point.
I striped a new cable and everything is fine now.

At the point where the cable was broken is no movement or anything else?

Gesendet von meinem SM-G965F mit Tapatalk