Replacement Muffler

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
dcleonard

dcleonard

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Have you tried Rockauto?
Love that site! I have a collection of their magnets lol. They were sold out of the muffler until a few days ago and they have it back in stock. Considering just going that route as it seems my options are few. Thanks!

CamperMike

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
How does such a new truck have a rotten muffler? They typically last a super long time these days... at least oem ones do.

OP
OP
dcleonard

dcleonard

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
How does such a new truck have a rotten muffler? They typically last a super long time these days... at least oem ones do.
Guy at the exhaust shop was ranting that the design was so that exhaust came out in vapor form instead of water. Short trips of the muffler not getting hot enough would cause water to accumulate. Truck spent the first 4 years of life in NH winters so the salt didn’t help either.

savage_46

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 swapped
From Alaska? That’s gotta be pricey I suspect. Thanks anyway!
Guess I should update my info. Moved to Wisconsin awhile ago. It would likely be cheaper to buy from a dealer than ship from Alaska

OP
OP
dcleonard

dcleonard

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
2500 muffler on FB

Sure you can talk him down
That’s a deal for whoever grabs it—probably could cobble it to fit with the exhaust hangers, but it’s a different part number and configuration that my 2016. Looks like the right inlet and outlet size and positioning though. RockAuto.com got some of OEM mufflers back in stock and I purchased one on there for $300ish. Wasn’t hoping to spend that much, but given the limited options, I bought before they were out of stock again. And I got a cool magnet too…

Tony W

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I know this a late answer, but I just went looking for the same muffler. My truck is 2500 ram with 5.7. None available in North America. A local parts store suggested a walker 50464 for a 2012 ram 2500. fits perfect. All I had to do was weld a hanger for inlet pipe. $620 Cdn vs $!50 for the walker. Works for me.

04fxdwgi

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 1500 Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Any one want a free OEM stock muffler from a '16 1500 5.7 crew cab? In great shape, come and get it.
Hate to toss it out.

BrenttheMouse

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 2500
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I know this a late answer, but I just went looking for the same muffler. My truck is 2500 ram with 5.7. None available in North America. A local parts store suggested a walker 50464 for a 2012 ram 2500. fits perfect. All I had to do was weld a hanger for inlet pipe. $620 Cdn vs $!50 for the walker. Works for me.
Did you have to make any other modifications for this muffler to work? Currently in the same boat and don't want to spend $400 dollars on a muffler.