Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tntdiddy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
On my 130K mile 2012 Ram 5.7 Hemi (MDS) I ended up with the Hemi tick and misfire engine code coming on. So, I went with a Melling cam (stock), new lifters, head gaskets, pushrods, and went the extra mile by having a professional valve job done on the heads. Now that I have the heads re-installed I thought that it'd be quick and easy getting some new rocker arms, but it's not unless you don't mind spending double the money for aftermarket components. I have no need for aftermarket rocker arms.
My question is: What's the best source for rocker arms? My local Ram dealers (4 within 50 miles of me) only have one intake (4 arms) in stock and it'll be a couple of weeks (if I'm lucky) before they can have the others that I need. I've had a lot of success ordering from them but RockAuto has rocker arms listed for the Hemi with a listing that makes no sense. I understand that their image for the rocker arms is a generic file photo but they only list one part number as if they'll send you 16 identical rocker arms, rather than 8 intakes and 8 exhaust arms. When I emailed them for an answer to my question, I got a lame response back from someone that doesn't understand the confusion.

Has anyone taken a chance ordering rocker arms from RockAuto? Did it work out? Does anyone sell individual rocker arms?

James OBrien

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hermi
Unless you've got some issue with the existing rockers, I don't think there's much if any advantage to new ones unless you just want them for the cool factor, especially with the pushrod setups we have. I've seen some aftermarket cool roller rockers but unless you're running crazy RPMs and a very custom setup and super high lift cam, probably no need? That's why you're not finding any aftermarket products.