Replacing Air Suspension with Lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pewfessional

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Good day gents, I am new to the forum and I wanted to ask for some guidance. I have a 2014 Ram 1500 2WD with the dreaded air suspension. Here is my dilemma, I want to remove the air suspension and add a 4 inch lift kit, I know the suspension is pretty much the same as the regular RAM with the exception of the front struts, in the front I would have to use the pre loaded struts from a 4WD since the front air struts use the same mounting system instead of the regular spring/shock setup. Here is my question, I am looking to install this lift but instead of using the shocks that come with the kit I would use the Rough Country loaded struts I will be purchasing factory rear springs and isolators. My issue is whether I should purchase the standard height loaded struts or the 4" loaded struts since it is a 4" lift. I was going to go with the 3" lift but I think that the off road 1 setting is a little higher than that, I have included pictures of my truck on Off-Road 1 for reference if anyone can give me an idea of what height it's sitting at or has insight on the strut issue I would greatly appreciate it.

IMG_3101.JPG

IMG_3220.jpg IMG_3146.jpg

Quick_Shifter

IG: @ak_trucks_pa
Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
Good day gents, I am new to the forum and I wanted to ask for some guidance. I have a 2014 Ram 1500 2WD with the dreaded air suspension. Here is my dilemma, I want to remove the air suspension and add a 4 inch lift kit, I know the suspension is pretty much the same as the regular RAM with the exception of the front struts, in the front I would have to use the pre loaded struts from a 4WD since the front air struts use the same mounting system instead of the regular spring/shock setup. Here is my question, I am looking to install this lift but instead of using the shocks that come with the kit I would use the Rough Country loaded struts I will be purchasing factory rear springs and isolators. My issue is whether I should purchase the standard height loaded struts or the 4" loaded struts since it is a 4" lift. I was going to go with the 3" lift but I think that the off road 1 setting is a little higher than that, I have included pictures of my truck on Off-Road 1 for reference if anyone can give me an idea of what height it's sitting at or has insight on the strut issue I would greatly appreciate it.

View attachment 485577

View attachment 485573 View attachment 485576
1. Please provide pictures of your front air bags.
2. We have preferred vendors on this forum that offer member discounts for parts and lift kits
3. You will not need factory rear springs they will come with the lift kit
4. Don't waist your money on rough country

OP
OP
Pewfessional

Pewfessional

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Quick_Sifter thanks for the reply, after some more research I finally decided to go with the Max Track 4.5 lift for the 2WD, since it comes with the lifted springs for the rear. Also, the kit uses the factory front struts, and achieves the lift via lifted knuckles so all I had to pick up were some KYB SR4549s for the front. I'll also be upgrading to 35s to fill up the wheel well better.