Replacing my towing mirrors with non-towing mirrors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Hey all, I have a 2014 Ram 1500 Tradesman with the towing package, hence it's got power towing mirrors with defrost, puddle lights and turn signals.
Needless to say they're all beat up, the turn signals don't work anymore and the RH mirror had one of the plastic covers fell off and got some battle scars along the run.

Instead of getting replacement towing mirrors, I'm seriously thinking about getting the smaller non-towing mirrors (I don't tow). I'm thinking about getting pretty much the same spec (turn signals, puddle lights, defrost) just non-towing variant.

Has anyone gone from towing to non-towing mirrors or vice versa? Are these plug-n-play or shall I expect the turn signals, defrost and/or power function to not work?

Thanks

grizzstang

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Lots of people have done it. Usually from non to towing mirrors but I have seen a few go the other way.

From what I remember nothing extra is needed to go from towing to non towing (unless you want power fold), just the mirrors with all the same functions you currently have.

I have toyed with the idea of doing the same. I do tow but the towing mirrors are overkill for my trailer and a PITA in the parkades.

OP
OP
Eng_alvarado90
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Lots of people have done it. Usually from non to towing mirrors but I have seen a few go the other way.

From what I remember nothing extra is needed to go from towing to non towing (unless you want power fold), just the mirrors with all the same functions you currently have.

I have toyed with the idea of doing the same. I do tow but the towing mirrors are overkill for my trailer and a PITA in the parkades.
Yes, after owning the truck for 2 years, they've become a PITA while parking, my garage is relatively narrow.

I think I'll go with them, the pair is about $200 on Ebay. What could get wrong?