replacing stock manifold with edelbrock m1 2bbl

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

travis thrailkill

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2 318
not too engine savy, is this a bolt up replacement? or are there any other monifications ill have to make. looking into the edelbrock m1 2bbl manifold. help me out if possible. thanks in advance

EvilSpirit

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Not aware that Edelbrock made any M1-2BBL intakes - only Mag motor "M1" intakes I'm aware of was the Mopar Perf one that was discontinued years ago. Used ones are out there, but are usually pricey - I saw one sold for $600 last week. There has never seemed to be much support for the factory fuel injected Mag engines, and very little choices in carb intakes for them.

To swap one over is really about the same labor as doing a plenium repair - IF you can find an intake.

dapepper9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L V8
travis, post up a picture of what manifold you're talking about. There's 3 aftermarket manifolds commonly used on these for efi, Edelbrock/Hughes airgap dual plane, 2bbl Mopar M1 and the 4bbl Mopar M1. I myself run the 2bbl m1.

You can see mine here

OP
OP
T

travis thrailkill

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2 318
Not aware that Edelbrock made any M1-2BBL intakes - only Mag motor "M1" intakes I'm aware of was the Mopar Perf one that was discontinued years ago. Used ones are out there, but are usually pricey - I saw one sold for $600 last week. There has never seemed to be much support for the factory fuel injected Mag engines, and very little choices in carb intakes for them.

To swap one over is really about the same labor as doing a plenium repair - IF you can find an intake.
Im not too sure I just want to replace mine with the best replacement for its price that deletes the plenum gasket

dapepper9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L V8
Airgap if you have $600. Otherwise get the gasket from your nearest dealer, shave 2-3 threads off the pan bolts and add some red loctite. Pretty permanent fix

meistermash

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
T just so you know, there will be about a dozen websites with those manifolds on there. The M1 2 barrel and M1 4 barrel.
Not a single one of them has those in stock. I called a few of em.

I even contemplated learning aluminum welding and welding up an Entilbrock {spelling} with weld up bungs for a fuel rail.

The Hughs is around $300 more than it's worth to me.

EvilSpirit

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Well, IMO poor intake and throttle body availability has always been the weak link that keeps the Mag engines from making more (affordable) power. It's really disappointing that Mopar never resumed casting the M1 2BBL Mag intakes once the first ones ran out. Mag engine support seemed to stop once the Gen III Hemi's came out, despite the millions of Mag engines already in the field. Also, Edelbrock support has been weak at best for those of us that want to take advantage of the Mag heads good flow numbers while retaining factory fuel and ignition management. And since it's been 15+ years since Mags have went out of production it isn't really likely that there is much of a chance of anything new appearing.

As much as I like my 2nd gen 1500 with it's 5.9 Mag, it's lack of real power makes it getting really tempting to bite the bullet and upgrade to a newer Hemi powered truck. I've also been stalking a friends clean 93 Ramcharger that begs for 400+ h/p of Gen III Hemi power. :cool: