Replacing the rear view mirror with a rear view camera LCD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CptDondo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins Diesel
I just bought a 2019 Bighorm Crew Cab. I need to replace the rear view mirror with an LCD backup camera. I can’t for the life of me figure out how it attaches. It’s a giant blob of plastic that has no obvious snaps or screws but it’s not glued to the windshield either as it moves.

On a related note, any suggestions for running cables from the rear bumper to the mirror location? I have the snow prep package (I am assuming this is why I have the 6 aux switches) so I’m thinking there are some provisions for running cables into the cab.

Lastly, where is the best place to get power? I need low current both direct to battery and ignition controlled. About an amp each.

Thanks!

GeoffA

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI
Did you ever get this installed? I’m working on installing mine too (2014 ST Crew). I used the ball from the existing mirror and attached the new one to it. Currently running power from the 12V cigarette lighter.

Last edited: