Replacing the switch panel to add AUX buttons

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mtnrider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
looks like ya can with MOPAR parts

like I SAID

Lol, like I said stop posting you are looking even more foolish. LOLOLOLOL

That is ONLY THE SWITCH, you are missing the wiring, the BCM settings, The relay box.. That switch alone does NOTHING.

IT IS NOT A KIT. YOU ARE WRONG AGAIN

jimspencer741

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
he did mentioned in that post wiring kit...

from cumminsforum: These trucks don't have a BCM, its basically built into the instrument cluster. If you took it into a shop that does not know can bus systems and have never really worked on these trucks they are probably telling you your BCM is bad and needs replaced, when there is no such thing.

and this: I've come to find out that the TIPM is the BCM

you DO NOT HAVE TO GET ODD BALL AFTERMARKT PARTS TO DO THIS, CAN GET MOPAR DIRECT PARTS TO DO THIS

mtnrider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
he did mentioned in that post wiring kit...

from cumminsforum: These trucks don't have a BCM, its basically built into the instrument cluster. If you took it into a shop that does not know can bus systems and have never really worked on these trucks they are probably telling you your BCM is bad and needs replaced, when there is no such thing.

and this: I've come to find out that the TIPM is the BCM

you DO NOT HAVE TO GET ODD BALL AFTERMARKT PARTS TO DO THIS, CAN GET MOPAR DIRECT PARTS TO DO THIS

OMG LOl WRONG AGAIN. your truck most certainly has a BCM. I have made changes to it many times. IT's located on the firewall to the upper left of your brake pedal. TIPM is NOT THE BCM, 2 separate modules

Just stop, you are so far out in left field and have NO IDEA what you are talking about.

jimspencer741

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
OMG LOl WRONG AGAIN. your truck most certainly has a BCM. I have made changes to it many times. IT's located on the firewall to the upper left of your brake pedal. TIPM is NOT THE BCM, 2 separate modules

Just stop, you are so far out in left field and have NO IDEA what you are talking about.

and those other guys as well are just soo far out in left field? like dont get ya thong all twisted up

mtnrider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
and those other guys as well are just soo far out in left field? like dont get ya thong all twisted up

No, you are just getting the wrong information as you frantically search the internet trying to prove me wrong (ain't going to happen) . Once again your reading comprehension is way off and you do not understand what you are reading or talking about. All the research has been done here on this forum for years, I have done all of this work myself and know exactly what I am talking about.

Sorry buddy, as much as you are butt hurt you are absolutely wrong and that isn't going to change.

rule18

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Rebel
Enough on this, move on.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
I would have had the mount & switches that sit in the pocket above the radio, if it was available 6 years ago
It seems like a very basic setup

1670367730142.png

These switch panels look confusing, & the guy in the parts dept. was using different wording than i was. i gave up on trying to use the stock panels

1670367985949.png
1670368051206.png

rule18

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Rebel
I'm not sure if I find the stock switch panels confusing, but I like that aux switch bay above the radio, particularly with custom rocker caps. I've had similar setups in my Jeeps, always worked out well.

danielmid

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Sport 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm not sure if I find the stock switch panels confusing, but I like that aux switch bay above the radio, particularly with custom rocker caps. I've had similar setups in my Jeeps, always worked out well.
AEV makes a version of that panel, not cheap but you get to say you have an AEV part at least.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
sometimes i have been lucky
places like 4 Wheel Parts, ORW, ect. carry identifiers & sometimes interchangeable switches

1670405232553.png

marked rocker switches come in many colors

then there are symbols

1670406605931.png1670406790330.png

Last edited:

Mhangelia

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have a 19 RAM 1500 Tradesman Classic with only the Tow and Anti-Slip switches. Any recommendations on just adding the AUX switches to the blank spots on the Switch Panel?