Resist All- Anyone Heard of/Used it?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BTD07

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
When we bought the Jeep compass, the dealer sold us this package for a whopping $1135. By the way they explained it, Resist All is a protective "sealant" for the interior and exterior. To our advantage, they wanted to sell the package so bad they gave us a lower monthly payment to take it and she wanted the interior protection for the baby's spills and such.
My question is, is it any good? They sent a box home with us on how to maintain it and I haven't opened it yet but from what I've read with other sealants you can't wax the vehicle..

So does anyone have any experience with this for interior/exterior? The internet produces pretty slim results and I've not been successful finding an authorized dealer of it besides the actual Dodge dealership. Any help would be appreciated!

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Please don't take my response personally I think this happens to lots of folks--My first question would be, Is there any way to get your money back? I have not heard of that specific product however if I had to guess it is a typical dealer "add on" that costs them almost nothing and they up charge lots and I mean LOTS for it. A ceramic coating would have probably cost much less and lasted way longer and given you better protection.(Not dealer installed). I'm also guessing that the interior was just given a once over with a Leather cleaner of some sorts. If a sealant was used on the exterior the protection will probably last about 6 months. Most sealants can be waxed over(top coated). Putting a sealant on your vehicle is just like waxing it--no magic to it, wipe on wipe off. Usually preparing the surface is what cost money because of the time it takes---even on a new vehicle. I'm sorry to say, but IMHO they got ya!
Jay

Kinetic

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
As mentioned above the dealer installed protection packages are scams. Post a pic of the boxes contents when you can.

OP
OP
BTD07

BTD07

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Please don't take my response personally I think this happens to lots of folks--My first question would be, Is there any way to get your money back? I have not heard of that specific product however if I had to guess it is a typical dealer "add on" that costs them almost nothing and they up charge lots and I mean LOTS for it. A ceramic coating would have probably cost much less and lasted way longer and given you better protection.(Not dealer installed). I'm also guessing that the interior was just given a once over with a Leather cleaner of some sorts. If a sealant was used on the exterior the protection will probably last about 6 months. Most sealants can be waxed over(top coated). Putting a sealant on your vehicle is just like waxing it--no magic to it, wipe on wipe off. Usually preparing the surface is what cost money because of the time it takes---even on a new vehicle. I'm sorry to say, but IMHO they got ya!
Jay
Thanks for the info. As mentioned above in my first post, it didn't cost a penny. It was a $1135 option but they really wanted to sell it so they gave it to us for -$10/month. So we basically got paid for it. I had almost no stock in the exterior coating since as you said it was probably done poorly with no proper paint correction but if the interior is some what water proof or comes with a water proofer in the box it's worth it to me. Can't get me if they're paying me to take it haha.

OP
OP
BTD07

BTD07

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
As mentioned above the dealer installed protection packages are scams. Post a pic of the boxes contents when you can.
Yeah I'll look at it tonight. Again, we did not pay for it. They lowered the monthly payment $10 as an incentive to take it when we were in the finance office. We we're all settled to leave without it and we're signing and the director asked if we would buy this package if he didn't charge us and gave us 10$ off a month on her payments as he needs to meet a quota for them. So we took it.

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I guess I didn't completely understand your post---my bad. Free is pretty cheap. I think maybe if it was mine I'd just treat it like they didn't do anything to the exterior and sorta proceed from there, with your favorite sealant and or wax. The ceramic coatings seem to be very popular and I think that the paint would need minimum preparation if it is new so it might not be a high dollar investment. I guess I'd have to see what they put on your interior to make any definitive comments about the level of protection the stuff they installed might give you. With kids in the car all the time it is a "challenge" to keep the interior looking good. Congrat's on the new vehicle, I hope you get many many trouble free miles out of it.
Jay

Schultzestrength

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I got this fancy sticker. But I didn't take the $25ish per month package. Its BS but since it lowered your payment, it's all good.

20180814_164703.jpg

OP
OP
BTD07

BTD07

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I guess I didn't completely understand your post---my bad. Free is pretty cheap. I think maybe if it was mine I'd just treat it like they didn't do anything to the exterior and sorta proceed from there, with your favorite sealant and or wax. The ceramic coatings seem to be very popular and I think that the paint would need minimum preparation if it is new so it might not be a high dollar investment. I guess I'd have to see what they put on your interior to make any definitive comments about the level of protection the stuff they installed might give you. With kids in the car all the time it is a "challenge" to keep the interior looking good. Congrat's on the new vehicle, I hope you get many many trouble free miles out of it.
Jay
No worries. God knows I wouldn't have paid for it knowing the dealers lack of attention to detail and price lol. When I started talking to the manager about coatings and sealants he said he wasn't going to bs me that he had no clue what I was talking about. What a salesman. But yeah I'll see what's in the box tonight.