Retrofit Quad Build: Morimoto M-LED Projectors + Profile Hi-Lens Projectors + G37R Shrouds + More

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Starting my 3rd personal Retrofit for my 2012 Ram 1500. I've done a bunch of Retrofits for other people, but this will be my 3rd build for myself and my truck.

• Delivery #1: DNA Motoring Black Quads w/ Clear Corners
1d50d457a893504a8e4ba5a4cc7dccb4.jpgfc5034cb5a779851be9cf12cfc4c2c84.jpg8ec98eac4240bc9afdd5b15c09a4bbc0.jpg

• Delivery #2: The Retrofit Source
cd0a8a76dccfaeee8bf6aac27ec7b252.jpg
f534014b3d0f7a0214667885612e6415.jpg84d12c73a1d06be9862f69088060dec7.jpgc9f213278058b1568bb7156258cfe907.jpg

• Delivery #3: The Retrofit Source & Opt-7
e7fabed3208feba67ddafc072e305fd4.jpg144ebfcf94f28fe5aeacdf48e01006a1.jpg50a3f40c7f54f6fa5c920c3a8ef74f31.jpgb755e7ad987f813b2178dfac540aa9c0.jpg2a1cffa954b99fc3238a9f6443b1b8ae.jpg76b50e8a0ab3724b1cad11cadbd7f68a.jpg

** Retrofit Build List **

≡ Low Beam Retrofit
= Morimoto M-LED Bi-LED 3" Projectors
= Morimoto G37-R Shrouds
= Profile Prism 80mm RGBW Halos
= Profile Prism 110mm RGBW Halos
= Profile Prism RGBW Demon Eyes
= Morimoto XB-T Bluetooth RGBW Controller
= Morimoto D2S 4.0 Demon Eye Mounting Brackets
= TRS H11 Male -> 9006 Female Adapter
= TRS 9005 Male -> 9005/9006 Female High Beam Splitters

≡ High Beam Retrofit
= Profile Hi-Lens Bi-LED Multi-Lens High Beam Projector
= Morimoto G37-R Shrouds
= TRS 9005 Male -> 9005/9006 Female High Beam Splitters

≡ Other Stuff
= Morimoto 9006 Stand-Alone Canbus Adapters
= Morimoto Black Retrorubber
= 3157 Switchback Bulbs w/ Diode Dynamics Resistors
= Opt-7 FluxBeam X LEDs for Foglights

So there's the build list and pics of the parts I've received already. I'm waiting on 2 more shipments. One is replacement G37-R shrouds because the first set had a ton of imperfections but TRS was super quick and awesome and already sent me a 2nd set. The other shipment I'm waiting on is the Profile Hi-Lens projectors, Morimoto Stand Alone Canbus Adapters and another pair of G37-R shrouds for the Hi-Lens projectors. Then I'll be ready to start my build.

I will be leaving the housing all black, but I will be painting all 4 G37-R shrouds black and red like the picture below.
6e5b1a2a6601a16318c48567265fed2f.jpg

This time I will 100% be documenting the ENTIRE build process with TONS of pictures for each and every step. From where each plug goes, to how I mount the projectors, to where I mount everything else.

Be sure to check back for updates. All the parts should be here by the middle of next week. So I expect to start the build next weekend. I'll post a few pictures here and there as the build is on going, and once I'm done I will post all of the build pictures. I'll be setting up my DSLR camera on a tri-pod and doing a time lapse as well.

Any questions, comments, suggestions or anything else is welcome. I'm always open to suggestions as someone else's ideas or opinions could open up a different approach I don't see that could better my build.

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

chrisp2493

Always Modding
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
392 Hemi
Those look sweet. Aren’t those LED projectors really new to the market? I’m curious how they compare to their HID projectors

I Bleed Ram Trucks

OP
OP
OnSale

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Those look sweet. Aren’t those LED projectors really new to the market? I’m curious how they compare to their HID projectors

I Bleed Ram Trucks
Well the main projector, the M-Led, there is a TON of comparisons already done with the D2S 4.0 and Mini H1 by TRS, LightWerkz and more on YouTube.

As for the Profile Hi-Lens Multi-Len's High Beam projectors, I haven't seen any comparisons to any other projectors or anything. But I have seen output videos on YouTube by TRS sand LightWerkz.

I'm really excited to get this build started...

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

blackbetty14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 VVT/Etorque
Sweet! I just got a bunch of morimoto stuff as well :) the profile halos/angle eye switchbacks are frigin bright!

WilliamS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Curious to how well they will fit in the quads with the shrouds. I might be wrong isnt the Mled a full size projector not a mini the like the H1's? I am in the middle a D2S and was going to do in quads but decided not to cut the whole thing to heck and switched gears to Duals.

micbegls1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Im about to dive into my first ram retro after doing a few mustangs and 4th gen camaros, ill be staying tuned to this thread !

OP
OP
OnSale

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Are these the headlights you bought? The pictures on eBay show black paint behind the turn signal but your photos look to be chrome behind the turn signal. I'm looking for a pair of affordable black quads but I want the chrome behind the turn signal...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/FOR-09-17-...858233&hash=item5b3741cd05:g:DUYAAOSwMYRaa9Tx
Yes I bought those. They come with the chrome behind the turn signal.

I switched it up and I'm using OEM quads for the retrofit build now. These lights I bought will just be an extra set I have incase I need them.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

OP
OP
OnSale

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Curious to how well they will fit in the quads with the shrouds. I might be wrong isnt the Mled a full size projector not a mini the like the H1's? I am in the middle a D2S and was going to do in quads but decided not to cut the whole thing to heck and switched gears to Duals.
Not too sure lmao... guess I'm about to find out on Sunday when I start to mount the mled projectors and shrouds. I decided to ditch the g37r shrouds and I bought the apollo 3.0 shrouds as they will be alot easier to cut and fit in there. Also, I ordered the Profile Hi Lense LED High Beam projector or whatever its called. The one that looks like the Q45 projector. I'm excited about that aswell.

OP
OP
OnSale

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Just got the remaining stuff needed in the mail yesterday.

438066965ac0f0db4296e67a966dd633.jpg

I also bought a set of used OEM chrome quads off someone with a Brand New 2018 Ram and they took the lights out at 500 miles for OEM black quads, so I got a brand new set for $100. Anyways I'll be building the OEM mopar ones as I'd rather have OEM housings anyways.

Starting the build tomorrow.

akennedyusmc

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
How much do you need to hack if you want to fit projector and shroud into the quads? I've been debating retrofitting my quads or just getting tyc projectors....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
OnSale

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
How much do you need to hack if you want to fit projector and shroud into the quads? I've been debating retrofitting my quads or just getting tyc projectors....

If you go with a 2.5" projector, it fits easier but all of the shrouds are the same size for the most part unless you order a "mini" version of the shroud. So if you order say, the Mini h1 projectors and mini gatling gun shrouds, they will fit alot easier with minimal cutting and fitting. If you order any of the bigger, 3" projectors like I did with the MLED Projectors, you need any of the normal shrouds (Apollo, Gatling Gun, G37R, etc), you will have alot of fitting and customizing to do.

Overall no matter what options or combos you go with, there will be atleast a small amount of cutting needed to fit them into the quads. It's not a direct bolt in. Its custom.

It's not that hard though to be honest. I was scared my first time retrofitting a set of lights, but they came out literally perfect. I just took my time and did everything my way, using ideas and methods I thought worked best, instead of following guides online and my first set of lights came out amazing. Now I have my own buisness and build lights for customers. I find it extremely fun and a form of art to create something custom.

akennedyusmc

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If you go with a 2.5" projector, it fits easier but all of the shrouds are the same size for the most part unless you order a "mini" version of the shroud. So if you order say, the Mini h1 projectors and mini gatling gun shrouds, they will fit alot easier with minimal cutting and fitting. If you order any of the bigger, 3" projectors like I did with the MLED Projectors, you need any of the normal shrouds (Apollo, Gatling Gun, G37R, etc), you will have alot of fitting and customizing to do.

Overall no matter what options or combos you go with, there will be atleast a small amount of cutting needed to fit them into the quads. It's not a direct bolt in. Its custom.

It's not that hard though to be honest. I was scared my first time retrofitting a set of lights, but they came out literally perfect. I just took my time and did everything my way, using ideas and methods I thought worked best, instead of following guides online and my first set of lights came out amazing. Now I have my own buisness and build lights for customers. I find it extremely fun and a form of art to create something custom.

I am nervous about taking this plunge only for the single fact of trimming the shroud. My OCD might make me go through a couple pair if it's not perfect. Might end up just getting project housing or duals so I don't have to grime at all.
Have you done any duals yet?

OP
OP
OnSale

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I am nervous about taking this plunge only for the single fact of trimming the shroud. My OCD might make me go through a couple pair if it's not perfect. Might end up just getting project housing or duals so I don't have to grime at all.

Yea I've done a bunch of duals, they have so much room that you can pretty much do any setup inside of them that you want too. Very easy to work on.

As for the quads, if you cut the shroud properly it should slide along the top and bottom of the inner bezel when you take it in and out, just barely making contact with the bezel. Cut this way it should look perfect from the outside, it should look as if the shroud and the bezel are one big piece.

If you need anymore help must lemme know.

akennedyusmc

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yea I've done a bunch of duals, they have so much room that you can pretty much do any setup inside of them that you want too. Very easy to work on.

As for the quads, if you cut the shroud properly it should slide along the top and bottom of the inner bezel when you take it in and out, just barely making contact with the bezel. Cut this way it should look perfect from the outside, it should look as if the shroud and the bezel are one big piece.

If you need anymore help must lemme know.

Cool I will once I start for sure! Thanks!
Post some pictures when you're done with yours projects. I wants some new ideas for my future build

getitbilly

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Any updates just curious on the profile high beams and how they fit the housings

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

DonnyP

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Any updates?

WilliamS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

I have a monster projector and shroud and didnt need to trim anything to make them fit. All i had to do was of course enlarge the bulb hole to make the projector shaft fit.