Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Motor Head

Motor Head

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Nice. As an update, no issues on my truck using these for rears and cargo lamps. No complaints thus far!

Activate

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 and 1998
Engine
360 and 410 with SC
Too bad I can not buy these LED with shipping to The Netherlands.... I want to change the cargo and upperbrakes and the reverse lights to LED the others are LED on a Laramie.

OP
OP
Motor Head

Motor Head

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Too bad I can not buy these LED with shipping to The Netherlands.... I want to change the cargo and upperbrakes and the reverse lights to LED the others are LED on a Laramie.

Damn! Sorry to hear that bro.

curtis

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I installed LED reverse lights two weeks ago and I am very impressed with them

MidwestJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Swapped out my reverse lights two weeks ago.

Accidentally only ordered 1 set at that time.

Ordered another set from amazon for my cargo bed lights and they arrived yesterday. Got em installed today. Super easy and definite upgrade for cheap.

Great thread and mod OP.

OP
OP
Motor Head

Motor Head

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Swapped out my reverse lights two weeks ago.

Accidentally only ordered 1 set at that time.

Ordered another set from amazon for my cargo bed lights and they arrived yesterday. Got em installed today. Super easy and definite upgrade for cheap.

Great thread and mod OP.

Thanks alot MidwestJ!

MidwestJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
UPDATE:

Looked at my cargo lights last night.

1) they are insanely bright when on (in a rural setting with low/no light pollution). Very useful. Lit up my whole yard and road.

2) they’re constantly on (albeit just barely-very dim). Constant draw. When the switch is toggled OFF the lights are still just barely on.

I recalled some other guy posted that too.

Wonder if that’s gonna be a problem.

OP
OP
Motor Head

Motor Head

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
UPDATE:

Looked at my cargo lights last night.

1) they are insanely bright when on (in a rural setting with low/no light pollution). Very useful. Lit up my whole yard and road.

2) they’re constantly on (albeit just barely-very dim). Constant draw. When the switch is toggled OFF the lights are still just barely on.

I recalled some other guy posted that too.

Wonder if that’s gonna be a problem.

Never noticed this for mine. Ill keep a look out for it, but only time will tell if there will be any issues. I am still happy with mine.

lpennock

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L & 6.7L Cummins
Probably need a bleed resistor. A lot of electronic switches have enough leakage cutting to dimly light an LED. Usually a 1K is enough to solve the problem.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

MidwestJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Probably need a bleed resistor. A lot of electronic switches have enough leakage cutting to dimly light an LED. Usually a 1K is enough to solve the problem.

Thanks. I’m a novice. Where would I source something like that and how would that be installed?

Scotty1987

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Bought some from amazon they look good super bright cheap and wont generate error codes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lpennock

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L & 6.7L Cummins
Thanks. I’m a novice. Where would I source something like that and how would that be installed?
Use to be able to get at Radio Shack. But I know electrical so I know how to wire in.

Matts175

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I used the "Luyed extremely bright" reverse light LEDs from Amazon. Nice and bright, no codes.

hornshoptom

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've tried several brands of LED back up lights for my 2019 RAM 1500 Classic and everyone of them give me the message "backup light is out". What brand is compatible to not send that message? Thanks, Tom

tnctx02

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 RAM SLT
Engine
3.6L Pentastar V6
I've tried several brands of LED back up lights for my 2019 RAM 1500 Classic and everyone of them give me the message "backup light is out". What brand is compatible to not send that message? Thanks, Tom
I was getting that after installing my LEDs and using AlphOBD setting the lights to LED. Then my wife tells me, "Did you know one of your backup lights is out?"
Got me another set to replace both!!
The LUYED brand seem to work good. Got them off amazon. Seems they do go out though.

Jendsley06

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Bought these and got them installed. They are a lot more blue than I thought they would be.

They are brighter than the incandescent bulb but not nearly as bright as I was hoping for.

Additionally, I noticed that when looking at the backup camera, the refresh rate causes the scrolling on the display. I haven't seen anyone else mention this before and hadn't thought about it until seeing it.

Is this common on all LED bulb upgrades?

2017 RAM 1500 CC, LoneStar, Black Pearl
The "refresh" problem you are experiencing on the backup camera with the LEDs is because the controller in the truck is sending out a pwm signal instead of a straight DC signal. This can be solved by telling the truck that you have LEDs in that location . This also eliminates the bulb out warning for LEDs without resistors.

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Since I have a MY 19 DT truck, early build, I do have LED totally for front/rear of truck. Headlights great, fogs great, brake lights great, reverse "suk". SO if I can ever find a 60" strip that will fit MY 19, due to re-design on tailgate, will put on with a curt split for wiring. JUST not in the cards now, as I have a generator (whole house) system to pay for, hee hee.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
radikio