RFD module

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

phoenix1151

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My son has a 2014 Dodge Ram 1500 with 3.6 liter engine. It is laid up, AGAIN, supposedly due to a module not recognizing the key fob. All I've been told is that the "RFD module" is not available as it is under "engineering review" and there are no replacements available. I can find no direct mention of a "RFD module" and suspect it is referred to by another acronym. I've found places that rebuild TIPM so wonder if there are rebuilt "RFD modules", any suggestions? What other acronym applies and what is the exact part number I should be looking for? Thanks.

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
RFD (RF HUB) is the unit in the truck monitors, pick's up "radio" signals from the FOB, integrated into the truck BCM that receives the commands to lock/unlock, remote start in equipped etc.

VIDEO show you where RF HUB is:

Last edited:
OP
OP
P

phoenix1151

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Watched the cited video. To clarify, are you selling a conversion kit to change the FOB system to a push button start ? (like on my wife's 2012 Dodge Journey?)

EDIT: OK, I just looked on your website and watched the push start kit installation video. Very impressive. I'll get my son to investigate further himself to get the nitty-gritty details before considering that purchase.

I don't suppose you have a Canadian distributor do you? Add on currency exchange and this potential purchase becomes even more expensive, but if it provides a long term solution to Dodge's failures it might be worth considering.

Last edited:

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
NO, I represent nothing except myself, all I am doing is posting some info for you so you can have some idea what things do and make an informed decision on the status of your truck, so you can hopefully get it up and running, that's all.

ADDED: There are some good vendors ( as per PPL saying), attached to this Forum, but you would have to contact ref anything you want.

OP
OP
P

phoenix1151

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Well, my son scrounged up a replacement RF hub from an Ontario dealer and had it shipped to the Nova Scotia dealer (bunch of louts). Anyway, he is finally back up and running and the real good news is that it was covered under warranty on the previous RF hub he had to have replaced. Thanks all.

One other question: he has the 8 speed automatic transmission. I hear it is a "sealed" transmission where the filter is integral to the pan so is costly to have changed out, but he tows an animal trailer around a lot so should have it serviced but I'm wondering about at least being able to check fluid level. My Nitro and my wife's Journey both have a "dealer-only" transmission fluid access tube and no dipstick, but I bought a third party dipstick to check those. Is there a similar fluid access tube on his Ram? I had a quick look yesterday when he dropped by but didn't see anything.

Last edited: