Rhr 730 n radio help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Blako

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'm tryin to install a 730rhr out of a 2012 Jeep rubican into my 2008 dodge ram 1500, I know about lockpick and other technics to get options to work, but the problem I'm having is with the radio harness, it isn't plug and play, does anyone know of a harness converter to go from 08 harness to 2012 harness? I know I can get the plugs from junk vehicles and wiring diagrams and make one, but does anyone know if they make one that could be bought?
Thanks for any or all info
Blako

jawzs2

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010, 2014
Engine
1500, 3500
I think you might be trying to row upriver. If I remember correctly, the 2008 Ram's utilize a low speed CAN bus, the Rubicon uses a high speed, and they are not interchangeable, even if you did find a harness, it still wouldn't work. Now on to the harness, that actually won't work either, because of the differences in the way the CAN bus communicates, it is not plug and play. If you do happen find and acquire a low speed radio, you would also need an adapter to integrate it to the truck. This is the only one I know of, there may be others,but I've not seen them.

https://www.coastaletech.com/MYGIG_ADAPTER.htm

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
You can't put that head unit into your truck and have it even remotely function (as you have discovered). You need the lockpick adapter. The adapter harness mates one with the other in addition to translating the different CAN bus protocols.