Ride Height sensors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lanier

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Good morning, I just rebuilt my compressor and valve block on 2017 Ram Rebel. I also replaced both rear ride height sensors because of dreded squat. I can not get the ride height sensors to calibrate. Alfaobd can not run tests because of this. I have tried battery disconnect and level selector buttons with no help. Filled all the bags to normal height and drove around a bit again nothing. System reads that the rear end need dropped so I got the unwanted Carolina squat. Any ideas?

dksmj73

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have similar problem with not being able to calibrate the height sensors. Did you ever get yours figured out?

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram 1500 Limited 4X4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So when you say calibrate, you’re actually talking about the section of AlfaOBD where you enter new ride height numbers on the screen that when you start the process, it asks you to enter the number in millimeters starting out for the left front, then the right front, then the left rear and then ending with the right rear?

If so, you might have to do what the dealer and the factory would do whenever they calibrate these air suspension systems for the first time which is basically when you go to start the process of calibrating your ride height, the whole suspension should squat a little bit and then the compressor will turn off and then it’ll ask you to enter the number for the left front so, what you want to do is, get yourself a tape measure and after the suspension squats and the compressor turns off after initiating the whole process, take that tape measure, crawl underneath your truck where the left front wheel is and measure from the ground to the center of the bottom A arm bolt and write that number down on a piece of paper. Then, measure from the ground to the center of your center hubcap on your wheel and write that number down.

Next, you want to take the measurement you took from underneath the truck and subtract that from the measurement you got on the outside between the ground and the center of your center cap. Whatever that number is, you’ll convert it into millimeters and that will be the actual number that you enter on alpha and then when you click on OK or whatever it is and it goes to the right front waiting for an input, you’ll do that whole process all over again where you’ll go underneath your truck on the RF side and measure from the ground to the bottom of that A arm bolt and then measure from the ground to the center of your center cap your wheel. Again, take the measurement you got from underneath the truck and subtract it from the measurement you got between the ground in your wheel, convert that to millimeters and that’ll be the number you enter for the right front.

After that, you’ll do the same procedure going to the left rear, and then the right rear except when you’re doing the back, you’ll measure from the ground to the center of the bolt that goes to your lower control arm, whatever it’s called, that goes from the frame to the front of your rear axle.

So now when you get that done, you may have to back out of all of that on alpha and then go to your diagnostic section while you’re still connected to your air suspension control module and you might have to clear the codes if there are any and if there are and when you get them cleared, you can go back to the part you were on before and you should be able to from whatever you’re using alpha on, raise your suspension all the way up to it’s highest level and then all the way back down to entry exit mode and then back up to normal ride height. That might be why you’re having issues with calibrating those new rear right height sensors.

Last edited: