Ridgid Power tools

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BWL

Embrace the skeptisism
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Just was never a fan of DeWalt, batteries sucked, tool felt cheap like a B&D.

I have mostly been a Ridgid fan, great warranty, batteries, & quality. Their tools just fit my big paws better. Ridgid has a great line of tools, but they seem to be more geared towards the woodworker. Cordless routers, planer, belt sander, air compressor, palm sander, drywall screwgun.

I also have the Milwaukee M12 series, drill, driver, band saw (works awesome on conduit/pipe), and the ratchets.
Milwaukee’s line tool seemed to be geared towards tradesman.

Monday was Milwaukee’s 3/8 ratchet, battery, charger, & case for $100.
I have ridgid plumbing tools and they are the best in the business for that imho so their power tools being geared to woodworking is weird to me. Regardless they seem like a good mid range power tool.

JohnnyMac

There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500 Laramie
Engine
3.0 EcoBurner
I have a Ridgid shop vac and a Ridgid belt sander and both are very good quality. I use a mix of M12 and DeWalt 18v for everything else but wouldn't think twice about buying another Ridgid tool. Good luck with whatever you choose.

DodgeDude99

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
One of my Ridgid shop vacs is 20yrs old, the other is 15. The one spends its days hooked to my blast cabinet.
Best shop vac I’ve used.

LugsLeadOut84

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I had a Rigid 10" compound miter saw. Served me well. It was an older version (no electric brake, laser, etc.). I sold it when I moved and have since picked up a DeWalt. But other than not wanting to haul it and living closer to a Lowe's now, I had no issues with the Rigid.

never-enough

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Milwaukee for me...
One charger that works for both the m12 and m18 batteries
Super fast charging with the rapid charger
Massive amounts of power from the batteries
Literally every tool you can imagine

I haven’t had a problem with a single tool, charger, or battery, and I have an obscene amount

M12:
Drill
Hammer drill
Impact driver x2
Hackzall
Rotory tool (Dremel)
Soldering iron
3/8 ratchet
Compact vacuum
Bluetooth speaker
Jigsaw
Stapler
Multi tool x2
Lantern
Inflator x3
Bandsaw

M18:
Hammer drill
Impact driver
Surge impact driver
Circ saw
Sawzall
10” Compound miter saw
Blower
Compact blower
Chainsaw
Braking grinder
Angle Grinder
Hedge trimmer
Lantern
Flood light
Tower light
Fan
Wet/dry vac
Radio
Planer
Orbital sander
Heat gun
Cut out tool
Right angle impact
Wireless speaker

They’ve all been stellar!

autumnwalker

Reaction score
I have Ridgid gear - I purchased my first drill in 2008 and I still have it, still works great, but I've replaced it with a current brushless version. Batteries from the 2008 drill work the same in the modern brushless gear.

The lifetime support agreement covers everything including batteries. Make sure you register the tools though (you have a small window of time after purchase to register)!

FWIW, Milwaukee, Ridgid, and Ryobi are all made by the same manufacturer. The Milwaukee rep I was talking to told me "they" made Ridgid, but a quick search indicates it's all made by these guys https://www.ttigroup.com/