Riding off into the sunset, folks!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BNeal

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Limited
Engine
5.7 Hemi
CROSS POSTED
Well, I retired on December 31st. and my wife and I decided we didn't need all of these vehicles as she works from home. So, the cars just sit in the garage and cost us money while they depreciate. So... she refuses to drive my Ram (said it's too big), and I have to have a truck. Was going to hold out to see if Ram comes out with that Dakota, but took a test drive in the new '23 GMC Canyon Denali, and I was blown away with the ride, fit and finish and overall comfort. It is pretty much as luxurious as my Limited, so I made the trade.

I'll still check in, and who knows, I may be back in a Ram again some day. Here are a few pic's of the new hot rod...
1685738462272.png1685738479484.png1685738497347.png1685738513615.png

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Nice, well GL with the new ride. Did it come with the 5.3 or the twin turbo 2.7L???

JHoward

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Liter
Just was wondering what was the matter with the RAM?

Good luck with your new GM.

tidefan1967

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good luck with the new ride. I don’t think they offer the 5.3 in the small trucks anymore. Probably the 2.7 turbo four. I wonder if they still offer the 3.6? No offense but I can’t imagine any truck riding better than a Ram. My F150 rides like a Sherman tank but it hauls the mail and gets pretty great fuel mileage.

turkeybird56

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Good luck with the new ride. I don’t think they offer the 5.3 in the small trucks anymore. Probably the 2.7 turbo four. I wonder if they still offer the 3.6? No offense but I can’t imagine any truck riding better than a Ram. My F150 rides like a Sherman tank but it hauls the mail and gets pretty great fuel mileage.
Does yer new F150 ride that poor vs the RAM? Wow, thought Ford had a better idea to improve stuff.

Dodge 1500 4X4

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ford with the rear Leafs give a harsh ride, Chevy has the 2.7L twin turbo a high reeving engine, not the interior of your Limited, good luck with your purchase.

tidefan1967

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Does yer new F150 ride that poor vs the RAM? Wow, thought Ford had a better idea to improve stuff.
With those leaf springs it definitely rides stiffer than the Ram with those coils. You being a former F150 owner you know that Fords are basically geared toward work trucks more than anything else whereas the Ram is more versatile.

OP
OP
BNeal

BNeal

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Limited
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Nice, well GL with the new ride. Did it come with the 5.3 or the twin turbo 2.7L???
No 5.3. That will take some adjustment - the 4-banger has impressive HP and torque, but it's still a 4-banger. I think they tried to make the exhaust growl a little, but I have to admit, I wish it was just quiet. No way to make a 2.7 sound aggressive unless it's one of those little rice-burners kids run around in today - and to be honest, that sound very impressive either.

OP
OP
BNeal

BNeal

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Limited
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Just was wondering what was the matter with the RAM?

Good luck with your new GM.
Nothing, and I will really miss that truck. As I mentioned earlier, my wife would not drive my big-a$$ Ram, and we are down to 1 vehicle now. So, the compromise was a bit smaller vehicle, but it had to be a truck - so I went with this one and I really like it.

OP
OP
BNeal

BNeal

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Limited
Engine
5.7 Hemi
There's no question that it doesn't ride as nice as the Ram, but I am really impressed with the ride given it's a mid-sized truck, and it does ride really nice.

JHoward

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Liter
Nothing, and I will really miss that truck. As I mentioned earlier, my wife would not drive my big-a$$ Ram, and we are down to 1 vehicle now. So, the compromise was a bit smaller vehicle, but it had to be a truck - so I went with this one and I really like it.

Ah, midsize truck ... my bad.

Doing the things that are necessary and that makes one(or more)happy is what it's all about.

All is good, hammer down!

Sherman Bird

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
No 5.3. That will take some adjustment - the 4-banger has impressive HP and torque, but it's still a 4-banger. I think they tried to make the exhaust growl a little, but I have to admit, I wish it was just quiet. No way to make a 2.7 sound aggressive unless it's one of those little rice-burners kids run around in today - and to be honest, that sound very impressive either.
The rice burners sound like a weedeater! ;)

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
With those leaf springs it definitely rides stiffer than the Ram with those coils. You being a former F150 owner you know that Fords are basically geared toward work trucks more than anything else whereas the Ram is more versatile.
Did you play with psi in the rear tires to find the best possible ride ?

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
CROSS POSTED
Well, I retired on December 31st. and my wife and I decided we didn't need all of these vehicles as she works from home. So, the cars just sit in the garage and cost us money while they depreciate. So... she refuses to drive my Ram (said it's too big), and I have to have a truck. Was going to hold out to see if Ram comes out with that Dakota, but took a test drive in the new '23 GMC Canyon Denali, and I was blown away with the ride, fit and finish and overall comfort. It is pretty much as luxurious as my Limited, so I made the trade.

I'll still check in, and who knows, I may be back in a Ram again some day. Here are a few pic's of the new hot rod...
View attachment 522369View attachment 522370View attachment 522371View attachment 522372
I’d be looking at that truck myself, if I were in the market. Good luck.

turkeybird56

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Wife had a 2010 F 150, the new body style, and it rode well. Now, the 5.4 Triton under the hood drank more fuel than your local barfly, but hey, lol. Engine ran well. I only besides routine MX changed out the idler pulley on that motor. Sold the truck to wife's younger son when she died, and that Ford still be running in WI.

rule18

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Rebel
@BNeal Congrats on the retirement (not saying I'm a little jealous, but...). Nice ride. My bro-in-law is a diehard GMC man and he's been raving about that truck. See you down the road some time...

tidefan1967

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did you play with psi in the rear tires to find the best possible ride ?
Yes, I’m actually running a couple pounds less than the recommended pressure and running Michelin LTX M&S to maximize the ride. I’m used to the ride after this long but those coils make a helluva difference.

BrenttheMouse

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 2500
Engine
5.7 Hemi
If your wife hates driving your "big-a$$ Ram," she'd hate to drive a crew cab truck with an 8ft bed.

HEMIMANN

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 2500 Laramie Crew Cab
Engine
6.4L HEMI
Congrats - I'm intrigued by Duramax I6 diesel but for the exhaust aftertreatment science fair.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
radikio